Sometimes A Fantasy

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sometimes A Fantasy

"Ow!" I heard George yell as I helped Joel with his shoes. At the sound of banging we both hurried out into the hall. There we found George struggling with boxes, Callie having moved in with him last week, un-offically. "Damn it! Stupid- Ow!

"Little person, right here." I covered Joel's ears at George's swearing.

"Sorry." He glanced back at me as Meredith opened her door, leaning against the door frame.

"I was having a really good dream and you ruined it." Meredith frowned at him.

"Sorry." He apologized again. "It's, uh, the, uh, these boxes. All these boxes. Callie said she was bringing her stuff over, and, uh...it's all here."

"It's okay, George." Meredith assured him. "I don't mind."

"I don't mind either. No. Don't mind a bit." George seemed to be trying to convince himself of this as he walked closer to Meredith, lowering his voice. "Kick her out."

"What?" I frowned, confused.

"I can't kick her out." Meredith shook her head. "You were the one who told her she could move in."

"I said she could stay for a couple of days- a couple of days." George told us. "It's been over a week. Now there are boxes, and she's using my computer. And she's here all the time. Would you kick her out, kick her out now."

"Hey, you guys might want to wait a little while." Callie warned all of us as she came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her. "There's no more hot water."

"Do it." George whispered to Meredith. "Why do you hate me? Just do it."

"Joel, why don't you go and get some cereal? Eat it while you wait for Ashley to get here." I sent Joel off downstairs as Callie dug through her boxes in her towel.

"Hey." Izzie walked up the stairs, joining us as Joel hurried down them. "Can I get a ride with you guys to the hospital?"

"You're going to the hospital?" Meredith asked her.

"Yeah, I'm- I'm gonna go in, talk to the Chief, see about coming back." Izzie nodded. "Anyway, just let me know when you're leaving."

"That's great. Izzie is coming back." Callie looked at the rest of us as Izzie headed back downstairs. "That's...great, right?"

"Yeah." I nodded, smiling.

"That's my towel." George eyed the towel wrapped around his girlfriend.

"Oh, sorry." Callie walked over and handed him the towel, leaving her standing before us naked. George didn't say a word as he turned and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. "Boy, he is really moody in the mornings."

"Yeah." Meredith nodded. "He's uh...yeah."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So I was thinking, since your shift ends after mine, and I don't want to have to wait around, maybe I should get a copy of the house key." Callie suggested as we all walked towards the hospital.

"No." George quickly shook his head before taking her hand in his, faking a smile. "I like leaving together. You don't need a key."

"Izzie?" Meredith looked at the other blonde when we all noticed that she had stopped walking, just staring at the hospital doors a few yards in front of her.

"I'll see you guys in there." She told us.

"Everything's gonna be fine." I promised her.

"Bailey is on your side." Meredith reminded her. "And the chief is...he is gonna put on his angry face, but he's on your side, too."