What Have I Done to Deserve This?

Chapter Twenty-Three: What Have I Done to Deserve This?

The next morning I found myself waking up to the sound of my alarm and couldn't help but groan, covering my head with the blanket, silently willing the alarm to stop, for it not to be time to wake up yet, that I didn't need to get ready for work just yet. Beside me I could hear a deep chuckle, arms slipping around my naked body as I was pulled closer.

"Time to get up." Lucas told me as he pulled the blanket off my head and looked down at me, a small smile on his face.

"Where is the power to stop time when you need it?" I groaned, resting my chin on his chest as I looked up at him. He only laughed again as he slipped out from under me and got up, looking around for his clothes before he began to pull them back on. I sighed as I sat up in bed, slowly forcing myself to my feet to get dressed, knowing I couldn't put off starting the day forever.

"So, last night..." Lucas trailed off as I pulled on a pair of underwear and jeans.

"It was nice." I told him as I moved onto pulling on a bra, not knowing what else to say about it.

"It was." He agreed, walking over to me with his shirt still in his hands. I smiled like a child as he pushed my hair out of my face giving me a short kiss before we both pulled on our shirts. I couldn't bring myself to stop smiling as I pulled on my shoes and pulled my hair up into a ponytail, not wanting to mess with it at the moment. Once we were both dressed I grabbed my bag and we both slipped out of my room quietly, hoping not to disturb the others. As we stepped into the hall though, I could feel my eyes widening, like a deer caught in headlights. In the hall stood George, Meredith, and a shirtless Alex. There was a clear tension in the air as they all glanced back at Lucas and I.

"Hey." Alex muttered as he walked past Meredith, Lucas, and I to get to the bathroom just as Izzie walked into the hall.

"Morning." She greeted all of us, a smile filling her lips when she spotted Lucas and I. None of us said anything as we just looked at her. "What? So I slept with him again. So I'm a big whore- a big, horny whore who can't get enough. Can we get over the shocked silence already?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Fifty bucks says O'Malley caught her doing Mark Sloan." Alex bet as he, Cristina, Izzie, and I sat together in the locker room, watching as George seemed to be going out of his way to avoid Meredith as the two finished getting ready.

"There's something going on. I mean, look at them." Izzie shook her head.

"All right, he walked in on her doing McDreamy." Alex suggested. "Did I just call that dude McDreamy?"

"Yes you did." Cristina and I both chuckled.

"Awesome. You are ruining my life." Alex told Izzie.

"Get a room." I rolled my eyes at him as Izzie got up and walked over to George and Meredith with Cristina and I following right behind her.

"Guys," Izzie greeted them. "What's, uh, what's going on?"

"Nothing." Meredith said.

"Oh, you know we're gonna find out anyway." Cristina scoffed.

"If you tell us, maybe we can help." I told them.

"There's nothing to tell." George shook his head.

"Oh, that means there's something to tell." Cristina smirked.

"There's nothing to tell." Meredith insisted.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Who would like to present?" Burke asked as he led us into the patients room on rounds.