Hook, Line, and Sinner

Chapter Sixty-Four: Hook, Line, and Sinner

"I can't get over it. It's not fair." Cristina shook her head as I sat on the couch in her and Callie's living room. Joel was out with Jackson, the later having wanted to take his nephew out for lunch, just the two of them. "I mean, you- You're related to the Harper Avery. First Meredith and now you, the world just isn't fair."

"Remember, I was just the result of an affair." I reminded her.

"Quit trying to cheer me up." She rolled her eyes as the doorbell started to ring, followed by loud knocking. "Just a minute. Just a minute! What?"

"Yang, you got a suture kit?" Mark walked into the apartment as soon as Cristina had opened the door, looking panicked.

"Uh, yeah." Cristina nodded.

"Where's Robbins?" Mark asked as Callie came out of her bedroom.

"Uh, in there." Callie nodded back at the bedroom door.

"Robbins!" Mark yelled.

"What's going on?" Hunt asked, just as lost as the rest of us.

"Wait, two. I need two suture kits!" Mark told Cristina. "Beth, do you have any suture kits in your apartment?"

"Why is he screaming?" Arizona asked as she came out of the bedroom, neither of them giving me the chance to answer Mark's question.

"Baby. Now!" Mark took the suture kits from Cristina and hurried out of the apartment, into his across the hall.

"Why are you-" Callie began. She was interrupted by the sound of a woman screaming, sending all of us rushing out of Cristina and Callie's apartment and over to Mark's.

"Oh, God. He's serious." Arizona said as we found Sloan laying on the floor of Mark's apartment, Teddy knelt down in front of her, a newborn baby in her hands.

"Holy mother-" Callie began.

"Get my bag. Get my bag." Arizona told Callie.

"Get me a clamp." Teddy told Cristina and I as we both hurried over to help her.

"Oh, God." Sloan whimpered as Teddy cut the umbilical cord.

"All right. Another clamp." Teddy said and I quickly handed her one. "Scissors."

"How is he? Is he okay? Is he good?" Sloan questioned through her labored breathing.

"He's great. You did great." Teddy assured her.

"Oh, Dad." Sloan looked to Mark.

"All right." Teddy handed the baby over to Arizona.

"Any sounds?" Arizona asked in a whisper.

"Not yet." Teddy whispered back.

"Come on, baby boy. Come on." Arizona cradled the baby boy in her arms, getting back to her feet to head back towards her own apartment. "Beth, come here."

"Hey," I smiled at the quiet baby boy in her arms. "Come on, baby boy. Come on. Come on."

"Come on. Come on." Arizona whispered nervously to the baby as we stood in the hallway, well aware that the others were listening for the sound of a baby crying. After a minute a cry came out of the little boy, bringing smiles of relief to our faces. "Okay. That's my boy. Okay. That's what I'm talking about. That's what I'm talking about. Here you go, Grandpa."

I smiled, standing back as I watched Arizona hand the baby over to Mark, Callie standing by his side as they both smiled.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*