Enough Is Enough (No More Tears)

Chapter Eleven: Enough Is Enough (No More Tears)

"It's not us. It's them." Meredith was laying on the bathroom floor and Cristina in the bathtub when I walked in with Joel so we could both brush our teeth. "Them and their stupid boy penises."

"Mom, what's wrong with them?" Joel asked me.

"Why don't you go and make sure all your stuff is ready for school, then brush your teeth." I told him. He only nodded before hurrying out of the bathroom as I eyed both women, knowing that this had to be about Derek and Burke.

"They didn't tell me they had a wife." Meredith shook her head. "They gave absolutely no warning that they were going to break up with you."

"It's not that Burke broke up with me." Cristina cut her off before she could say anything else. "It's how he broke up with me, like it was business, like it was a business trans- like he's the boss of me?"

"He is the boss of you." I pointed out.

"And what's worse is that I care." Cristina muttered.

"I'm gonna throw up again." Meredith warned as she crawled over to the toilet. "No. Wait. False alarm."

"What great role models you two are." My voice dripped of sarcasm as I walked over to the bathroom door, standing by it so I could stop Joel if he tried to come back in.

"The problem is estrogen." Cristina told Meredith and I.

"No, the problem is tequila." Meredith argued.

"I used to be all business." Cristina shook her head. "And then he goes and gets me pregnant."

"With his stupid boy penis." Meredith said.

"Now I'm having hormone surges." Cristina groaned. "He ruined me. I'm ruined. He turned me into this fat, stupid pregnant girl. Who cares. Estrogen."

"Penises." Meredith insisted as the door opened and Izzie and George came in. "Penises, Izzie."

"Estrogen, George." Cristina held her empty glass up to Izzie.

"Okay." George nodded before looking at me. "What did I miss?"

"She's drunk." I pointed to Meredith before pointing at Cristina. "And she's just messed up."

"I came home to full-on vomit drama." Izzie added as she poured poured water into Cristina's glass. "Apparently, she dumped Derek. And her? She's been sleeping with Burke."

"Oh, I knew that." George said before looking at Meredith. "So you really broke up with Shepherd?"

"I feel empty." Meredith sighed, leaning her head against the wall.

"Two hours of vomiting will do that to you." Izzie nodded.

"No. I feel empty." Meredith shook her head.

"You're lucky. I feel pissed off." Cristina muttered as Joel came into the bathroom.

"Can I brush my teeth now?" He asked.

"Sure." I sent Cristina and Meredith both warning looks as he hurried over to the sink, joining Izzie and George as they both brushed their own teeth.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Male, fifty-five, victim of a head-on collision." A paramedic told all of us as he unloaded his victim out of the ambulance. "GCS is three, depressed skull fracture, multiple internal injuries, ACLS protocol started, but his vein's blue so we've been pushing meds down the tube. PEA on arrival."