1

Jill Ellis saw the team bus arriving at the hotel.

They were all wearing their sport trainings and looking fit. Happy to see them so motivated, Jill suggested the first team meeting of the camp. As usual, Megan Raipinoe and Kelley O'Hara were the first to sit in the room, laughing loudly and messing around. Then came the "Three Amigas", as they named themselves, that were Tobin, Alex and Allie. They were obviously delighted to see each other again, since Alex left the Portland Thorns few months ago. Allie rolled her eyes when she saw Megan and Kelley doing impressions of themselves. Not that Allie disliked them, she just wasn't really into goofy things. She was the calm one on the team, along with Carli and Hope.

Speaking of which, the goalkeeper and the captain made their appearance in the room, talking about Carli's injury earlier this season. Everybody know they were close friends, but the look in Hope's eyes seemed to confirm something else. Julie, Morgan, Kling and Lindsey entered the room as well, laughing and quietly talking about something they clearly didn't want the rest of the team to hear. Since Julie was not with Christen as usual, Pinoe felt obliged to make a comment :

- Where's the second cinnamon roll ?

Julie gave her a cold look before sitting next to Morgan. The rest of the team sat on the free chairs and Jill gave them a "welcome speech", as the girls called it. She basically said the common things : motivation, team bounding, hard work, and so on. Once it was over, they all cheered - well, some more than others, like Pinoe and Kelley - and began to eat.

Ashlyn, who was sitting in front of Christen, saw her checking Julie out. She questioned her with a look, and Christen blushed and avoided any eye contact with either Ash or Ali, who was slightly laughing next to the goalkeeper. Something happened between those two as they were both playing for the Chicago Red Stars. They usually don't fight a lot, but when they do, it is a hell of a fight, and they both get really hurt.

Without further due, Jill gave them the plan for the rooms. It went like this :

Alex - Tobin

Christen - Kelley

Ashlyn - Ali

Pinoe - Allie

Lindsey - Morgan

Kling - Becky

Whitney - Julie

Hope - Carli

Alyssa - Sam

Seeing the list, Pinoe turned straight at Allie and gave her a big smile. The tall blondie rolled her eyes once again, quite playfully actually, and Pinoe jumped in her arms. Once the dinner was over, they all headed to their rooms. Tobin was the first one to go under her covers, as Alex was taking a shower. Once she put her pyjamas on, she sat on Tobin's bed, not tired at all since they just got here. Tobin reluctantly sat as well, smiling peacefully to her best friend.

Alex could not resist to say :

- I wonder how Allie is doing..., she said with a little laugh.

- I guess she's already banging Pinoe's head against the walls, Tobin replied with a joker voice.

- Poor little thing, Alex added before cutting her laugh short. I'm so happy I finally get to be reunited with my two amigas again, this whole trade thing is getting on my nerves already. As far as I love the Orlando Pride team and Ash, I'd prefer to return to Portland with you two.

Tobin nodded in agreement, and said :

- Lex, I think there was nothing you could've done, it's all about money.

- I know, but still... Not being able to see yours and Allie's little faces everyday makes me kinda sad.

Feeling the tears growing in her eyes, Alex closed them and regained control, as Tobin was smiling at her with warmness. When she pulled her into a hug, Alex felt her heart melt. She felt like it was a common thing : every time she was with Tobin, her heart started racing. She assumed it was because they were close friends, and since Allie wasn't a hugger, she wasn't able to compare between them. Ever since her relationship with Servando started, she has been feeling an empty space in her heart, the kind of empty space that says "there's something missing". She was complete with Allie and Tobin by her side.

Speaking of Servando...

- Serv and I broke up last week, Alex announced.

It came out of nowhere for Tobin. She was surprised, because she always felt like the pair was a perfect couple and that they were going to get married and have children together. Tobin wasn't devastated with the news, tho. She felt quite relieved, and she wasn't sure why. She felt like she was about to have her best friend back.

She hugged her another time and pulled away, to see Alex crying for good this time.

- Babe, it's okay... I mean, I know you guys are gonna be friends anyways, and I think you deserved better because you're an incredible person, Lex.

- Thanks, Toby.

They spent the rest of the night talking about everything, until Alex fell asleep on Tobin's arm. She looked at her, asleep and beautiful, until she felt her eyes slowly close themselves.