3

Christen was sitting on a bank near the hotel, facing the lake that was surrounded by colorful clouds. Somehow, even though she didn't want to admit it to herself, those bright colors made her think of Julie. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by Tobin, who sat next to her.

- Okay Pressy, gotta tell mama Heath what's going on with JJ? she said sighing.  

As she saw her friend so hesitant, she gave her a small smile that says "everything will be all right, I'm here to listen." 

- I think I'm screwed, Christen said without looking at her friend. Like, so screwed. 

- Why would you say that ? 

- I think I have feelings for Julie. Like, not friendly ones. Deeper. Everytime she lays eyes on me, I feel my flesh burning. And when she touches me or grazes me, I feel like my skin is decomposing. I can't stand her dating Zach. I can't watch her being happy in his arms. I... I don't want to do this anymore. I'm so fucking tired. 

Tobin, half-surprised only by the green-eyed girl, did nothing but hold her hand a little bit, squeezing it harder whenever she felt Christen would burst in tears. A few moments later, she finally responded :

- And you don't tell her because you want her to be happy. 

- I'm so pathetic, I'm aware. Oh, God, what did I do to deserve this ? I mean, I could have fallen for anyone, and freaking fate decided it is her I have grown fond of. 

Christen stopped talking. Tobin wisely thought it was a better idea to let her alone for a while, so she could make her thoughts clearer. Christen was grateful for that, because as much as she loved her other teammates, she couldn't stand them being around practically ALL THE TIME. 

She took her phone on her hand and went on Instagram checking the new photos that were there. She couldn't help herself but go on Julie's profile. She realized then that her friend posted a photo of the pair when they were playing ping-pong the other day in Chicago. As a comment, Julie had posted : "with ma very good friend Chris #pingpongqueens". Christen let a small sigh out of her throat and decided to keep her feelings for her. 

The only problem was how Julie's gonna react. Christen knew her friend wouldn't let her go without getting any explanation. What should she do then ? Pretending to be friends with Julie again ? Lying and tell her that she was feeling a bit low those past weeks, but now she was better ? Christen was lost. She wasn't a good actress, so she was scared that Julie found out the truth one day. She buried her face in her hand and bit her lower lip. She couldn't have Julie. Ever. That realization made her feel very bad. 

She got up and headed to the eating room. Nobody was there but Sammy, who welcomed her with a warm smile. Christen sat next to her after grabbing an apple, a neutral face on. 

- What about a picnic tonight ? Sammy offered suddenly. Just you, me, Ali and Ash ? 

- Sounds fun, Christen answered. 

She was relieved. 

She liked Sammy for her spontaneity, and also for her bright personality. And she knew Ali wasn't the type to ask questions when she sees that something is wrong : she's more a person who would do anything to make you feel any better. And since Ash seemed to be as caring as  Ali was, it didn't bother Christen that she came as well. 

- Thanks Mewy. 

- Anytime.

***

Pinoe entered the room with a wild energy. Allie jumped at the sound of the door being slammed and let a small shout escape from her throat. Pinoe burst out laughing when she saw the expression on her face. 

- Damn, Allie, that was a hell of a jump, she said as she continued laughing.

If looks could kill, Pinoe would be dead by now. Allie ignored her and put her training leggins on, a little bit mad at her teammate. When she finally stopped laughing, Pinoe drank her glass of water and walked towards the tall blonde. 

- If I say you, me and Kelley, what do you say, Blondie ? she asked smilingly.  

- Hell no, Allie responded without even looking at Pinoe. 

- Aw, you're no fun. Anyways, Kelley is coming tonight for a movie night, and you are staying ! Yay !

- Hum.. No, thanks.

- It wasn't a question. You're gonna love it here. 

Allie rolled her eyes - that definitely was her favorite move - and sighed. 

- I guess I don't have a choice then.

- Nope ! Pinoe exclaimed.

- Can I at least ask someone else to come and join us ? Allie desperately asked. 

- Fine, but not Alex or Tobin. 

Allie growled as Pinoe looked at her with childish eyes, just as if she just pranked her or something. 

- I'll ask Lindsey then.

The blonde reluctantly stepped out of the room to go and beg her Thorns teammate to join them for their movies night. It wasn't a problem for Lindsey since she got along with both Kelley and Pinoe, laughing at nearly everything they say. 

"C'mon Allie, it's not gonna be that bad... Right ?"