18

Alex was out of her mind.

Ever since she and Tobin saw Allie on top of Kelley, she couldn't help but feel betrayed by her best friend. They used to tell each other everything. But she didn't mention the fact that she was sometimes kissing girls when she was drunk, and that one of those girls was their long-time friend Kelley. No matter how many times Tobin told her not to make a big of a deal out of this situation, Alex was stubborn. She waited for Allie to apologies.

Tobin was upset.

- You're supposed to be her best friend, not to juge her the only time she made a mistake ! she said to Alex, who gave her a death glare. Besides, she feels bad enough. She didn't even get out of her room. Hope told me that she was feeling sick.

- Of course, I'm sure alcohol didn't help here, Alex replied sarcastically.

- See ? You're being a total bitch right now !

- What about Kelley ? the forward asked angrily. You never think about her, do you ?

- I don't blame either of them ! Tobin shouted. Kelley chose to drink that much, so did Allie. They kissed, that's all. It's between them. End of the story.

Alex remained silent. She knew she had crossed a line. She also knew that Tobin would do whatever it takes to protect her best friend. After all, Allie was like her sister, her "Harry". And Tobin was very protective with the people she loved. The forward decided to just let go and went out of the room to take a breath of fresh air.

On her way out, she met Becky. Both weren't very talkative this morning, so they decided to benefit from each other presence. Tobin, on the other hand, went straight at Hope and Allie's room. When she passed the door, both girls were here. The tall goalkeeper, who saw Tobin first, nodded her head and excited the room. Tobin found Allie on her bed, facing the wall, sitting crossed-legs. She sat next to her, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

She just said a single word :

- Harry.

Allie burst into tears. Tobin pulled her in a hug, like she's been used to every time her best friend was feeling down. Allie rarely cried, that's why she was one of the strongest person she's ever known. Even though Kelley was her friend, Tobin couldn't pick her side. She was always standing with Allie, no matter what. That was what friends were for, right ?

She gradually relaxed, and let herself go with the flow of things, a tolerance she was proud of. She looked at Tobin, ashamed. But the look on Tobin's face told her not to worry. She was grateful to have such a non-judgmental friend.

- Dude, what the fuck did I do ? she sighed angrily. I'm such an ass.

- Why do you say that ? Tobin exclaimed, surprised.

- I didn't think before... ya know. I was so... drunk, out of line...

- Allie, it happens to the best of us, Tobin said with a little smile on her lips. You shouldn't care about Alex, she'll change her mind. The only person you should talk to right now is Kelley.

- I shouldn't have let it happen, Allie added.

- You're human, Harry. Human usually have feelings.

- I'm scared to death, Tobs. I don't know what to tell her.

- Just tell her the truth, even if you don't believe in it yourself. Still the best option you've got.

- Yeah, Allie said, her mind picturing Kelley's reaction. I'll.

***

Hope knocked on Carli's door.

The Jersey girl opened the door, and right after seeing the tall goalie, she went back to her closet, that she was tidying. Hope closed the door behind her, worried about Carli's reaction to what she had to say. But the captain didn't even bother looking her way, obviously pretending to be busy with her clothes. Hope took advantage of the situation, and looked at the brunette from top to bottom, appreciating the fact that she's opted for shorts short. She shook her head, wiping those bad thoughts of hers away.

Since she was running out of patience, Hope decided to start the conversation :

- I think we need to talk, Car.

- Talk about what ? Carli answered without looking at the GK.

- The kiss you gave me yesterday at the party, Hope indicated.

- What kiss ?

Hope rolled her eyes. "She got to be kidding me" she thought.

- Don't pretend that it never happened. You made the move, Lloyd.

Carli dropped what she had in her hands on the floor, turning around suddenly. Her face was showing that she was worried. Hope couldn't tell if it was because of the talk they were about to have, or the fact that she was in the same room that Hope was in. She secretly hoped that it was the second option, even though Carli would never say it out loud.

The brunette let a long sigh out before facing Hope.

- I won't pretend anything, she finally said. I'm not sure about what you wanna hear.

- How's that ? Hope asked, not surprised at all.

"Straight excuse in 3... 2... 1... Bullshit" Hope thought, disappointed. But the second after, she saw honesty in Carli's eyes.

- I shouldn't have kissed you, she said. If it wasn't for alcohol, I probably wouldn't have... I know, it's garbage. This excuse sucks. But now, the fact is that I did kiss you, and I don't know how to feel about it. I don't know what you expect from me.

- I expect nothing, Hope said sharply. You're straight, and you love Brian. Who am I to destroy you perfect little life ?

Hearing those words, Carli knew Hope was hurt. Her eyes were trowing daggers at the forward, and she knew she was doing her best to control her nerves.

- I'm sorry.

- I bet you are. Playing with somebody's feelings is lame. I would've never expected that from you.

With that said, Hope went out of the room.