17

Kelley went out of the toilets.

Near the washbasin was standing Allie, more beautiful than ever. Her hair were a little bit wavy, falling delicately on her back. Her dress was magnificent, not to say sexy. Kelley's jaw opened, and she had trouble in controlling herself, since alcohol was flowing into her blood. Her eyes connected with Allie's blue glare, and she froze. The noises from the party were arriving weakly to their ears, and the rest of the room was silent. Kelley was sure she heard her own heart beating on her chest, as Allie was slowly walking towards her.

She then played with the pieces of te Georgia girl dress, making Kelley nervous. Their bodies touched each other, and the small brunette couldn't help but look up at Allie's attractives lips. Allie leaned in in what felt slow motion, before Kelley turned her head. Allie sharply stopped, but didn't pull away from Kelley.

Kelley closed her eyes, trying to collect herself.

- Allie, this is crazy, she painfully said.

- I know.

- It-It doesn't make any sense.

- It doesn't have to, Allie said in a sexy voice, her face closer to Kelley's.

- We may really regret this in the morning..., Kelley insisted, unable to resist the temptation to kiss Allie.

- I know.

Allie gave her the smoothest kiss of her life, her tongue asking for permission to enter Kelley's mouth. Once again, the brunette wasn't able to resist her. Their tongues were dancing together, as Allie was taking Kelley's face into her hands. The earth seemed to drop down from under her, and she wrapped her arms around Allie's neck, kissing her with an ardour that took the tall blonde by surprise. Allie lost her balance and fell on the ground, taking Kelley with her. Once she was on top, Kelley kissed Allie's neck.

The blonde was moaning under her, which encourage her to continue. Allie pushed her on the side, and went over her, both elbows on both sides of Kelley's head. She then stopped and looked at Kelley in shock, the alcohol preventing her from seing straight. She couldn't move or breathe anymore, and it was the same for Kelley.

The door opened then.

Alex and Tobin burst in, and then saw their best friend on top of Kelley. Allie jumped up and faced her friends, her face becoming red. Kelley got up a few seconds afterwards, still shaken up by their kiss. She looked at the floor, feeling some shame because she was too drunk to explain why this kiss even happened. Or if what she felt in this moment for Allie was real, or just her imagination. She felt like they really were connected.

Alex gave Allie a cold glare.

- You took advantage of a drunk girl ? she asked Allie.

- Lex, Tobin said. Look at Allie. Does she look sober to you ?

Allie leaned against the wall, feeling a sudden urge to get out of the room. She has always been afraid of the way that people looked at her. But seeing Alex's disappointingly face made her feel like a kind of monster. Tobin walked straight at her, whereas Kelley was sitting on the floor, feeling dizzy. As soon as Tobin put her hand on Allie's shoulder, the blonde started walking as fast as she could and went out of the room, leaving her friends in shock.

Alex shook her head.

***

The party was going way out of hands.

Lindsey and Moe were laughing their asses off in the sight of a drunk Ashlyn, making a theory for Pinoe about what to wear on a Sunday morning. The goalie had way too much to drink, everybody knew that. Ali joined them and caught Ash's attention.

- Ash, it's time to call it a night, she said in a sweet tone. C'mon, I'll help you.

She put her friends arm around her shoulders, supporting her so she didn't fell or worse. They slowly walked until they reached their room. Ali opened the door quietly, careful not to wake Becky who was sleeping on the room next to theirs. She helped Ashlyn to undress, and put some short and sweatshirt on. Ashlyn laid on her bed, suddenly stroke with a headache. Ali put her pyjamas on and sat on the side of the bed.

She took Ashlyn's hand in hers.

- I'm here, Ash. Always was and always will. I wanna make sure you know that.

- Thanks, babe.

This was music to Ali's hears. She smiled, looking into Ash's blue eyes. The blonde didn't want to sleep, she just wanted this moment to last forever. Every moment she was spending with the defender was like a lifetime.

She asked then :

- How's Kyle doing ?

Ali laughed a little. She knew Ashlyn too well. Night talks were their thing. She laid down next to Ashlyn, their faces facing each other.

- He's fine. Ma and him went on a tour today, Ali told. They skyped me.

She took a little break, putting one blonde lock back behind Ashlyn's ears.

- They asked about you, she continued. Kyle likes you, and my mom does too. She's just afraid that you'd hurt me someday. Ever since daddy died, she's always afraid that someone would break my heart like daddy broke hers. She thinks that, well... maybe you'd be that "someone".

- Why did she think that ?

- Because she thinks that I'm in love with you.

Ashlyn's eyes went wide. She tried to hide her excitement.

- Are you ? she asked shyly.

A small smile lightened Ali's face. She took Ash's hand, gently playing with her fingers. She finally looked up.

- Yes, I am, she sighed.

She had a small break, like if she was catching her breath, before saying :

- You are the most valuable person for me in this planet. I can't even consider my life without you walking on the same path than I do. I thought it was because our friendship was very strong. But I've fouled myself, thinking things that were wrong. Like, that I hadn't any reason to be jealous of that girl you kissed two years ago in Washington, or that I didn't feel anything when you kissed me under that tree the other day... But the truth is that I can't fight it anymore. I just... need time, I guess.

Ashlyn thought it was too good to be true. She caressed Ali's cheek with her fingers, looking at her in the eyes.

- What can I do ? she asked then.

- Hold me close until the world ends. Please.

Ali felt Ashlyn's arm surrounding her body. She felt all the tension disappear, and finally felt at home.