38

Ashlyn was standing in front of a speechless room, hand in hand with her five-year-old daughter. She finally had the courage to reveal her secret to her teammates, her second family. She wanted Maisie to meet those incredible and inspiring women.

Hope was the first to get up. She hugged her fellow goalkeeper, and whispered to her ear that everything was fine. Everybody was very compassionate and caring. They all came to Maisie, introducing themselves to her. She was all calling them "Aunties" already, and was wondering why she had two "Auntie Ali". Hope, who was extremely good with kids, explained her that the spelling wasn't the same. Maisie nodded and embraced Allie. The blonde wasn't feeling very well, so she headed to her room.

She then found a note. She knew right away from who it was.

You, me, us.

7 PM by the pool.

Allie tensed immediately. She rejected Kelley. The girl wasn't supposed to be insistant like this. She didn't want to explain why she rejected her. You chicken, you just can't admit you're in love with a wonderful person for once. She's too good for you, and you know it. She'll leave you and hurt you, unless you cold-hearted bitch do it first. You know deep inside that love and happiness is not for you anyway. You've never had some. You want Kelley, that's for sure. But you're not worth her. Allie shook her head. She couldn't let Kelley take her heart in her bare hands. She didn't want to drag her into her family problems.

Kelley deserved so much better than a troubled girl that didn't even tell her about her foster brother being violent and in jail right now. Both Patrick and her father were monsters, and they both were thinking that Allie was the cause of their troubles. Allie let herself fall on the ground. She knew there was no way out of this. She wanted to escape this world, take Kelley with her and just go visit space, find themselves a little planet where an endless beach was.

She was having some sort of a panic attack. She was used to those ; every time the stress was too high, she would just lie on the ground and wait for her breathing to slow down. But the door slammed open, and Kelley came into the room. When she saw the blonde on the floor, breathing loudly, she knelled by her side. She knew exactly what was going on. She just took Allie's hand, and put the other one on her forehead, caressing her cheeks.

Allie shivered.

- You don't have to fight alone, I'm here, Kelley whispered. I'm here.

- K-Kel-l...

- It's gonna be just fine, I promise. I won't leave your side.

So cheesy, Kelley thought, slapping herself for saying such things. But it seemed to calm Allie down. The blonde was now straightening, and Kelley put a hand of the hollow of her back to support her. Allie squeezed her hand.

- C'mon, let's lie down together on your bed, shall we ?

Allie nodded, too weak to protest. She deplaned, and Kelley allowed her head to rest on her chest. Allie didn't think twice ; she buried her face on the brunette's hair, crying her eyes out. Kelley tried to look compose, and she hold the blonde in her arms, trying to breathe all of her love in the embrace. They remained still for several minutes.

When the panic attack finally faded, Allie's body was livened up by shivers. Kelley knew she didn't have to say a word. She knew the blonde would just shut her out again. So she remained silent, until her eyes fell into Allie's blue glare.