20

Alex knocked at Allie and Hope's door, waiting for the blonde to come and open. Instead, Hope was the one that Alex saw first. She was apparently alone. Hope invited her to come in anyway, and the forward couldn't say no. Her and Allie were friends for years now. Actually, Tobin introduced her to Allie when she came in the Thorns. Even if she got along very well those pas few years, Alex knew that Tobin was et will always be her number one friend. She was kind of jealous of their friendship, because Allie was important to her.

The goalkeeper, who saw the sad expression on her friend's face, invited her to sit down next to her.

- What's up, Baby Horse ? she asked with kindness.

- I think I fucked up with Allie, she answered, passing her hands on her face nervously. See, the thing is that she did something I didn't approve, and I was very harsh on her, because she was drunk and she didn't know what she was doing... But the thing is that she didn't told me about something important, and when I got mad, Tobin took her defense...

- I'm not sure I understand quite well, Hope said, frowning.

- I can tell you since you're trustworthy, Alex said, not sure. Allie and Kelley kissed at the party, and they both were drunk. I didn't know that, and thought that Allie was taking advantage of Kelley, but now that I think about it again, it doesn't make any sense.. I mean, why would Allie take advantage of her ? She's not even gay.

The forward looked down at her feet, while Hope was trying to come up with something to say. Since she hasn't known Allie for a long time, but she was a tremendous roommate, she was going to take her side. But she didn't want Alex to feel alone against everyone.

- I think you're just hurt and upset because she hasn't told you whether she was attracted to Kelley or something, Hope finally said. Or maybe she was afraid that you'd react the way you are right now. I think Tobin defended her because she knew, deep inside of her, that Allie isn't a bad person. I also think that Kelley is a grown-up and can make her own decisions. She was strong enough to push Allie away if she wanted to.

- I guess you're right, Alex said, ashamed of her own behavior. I can't believe I doubted her like that ! What a terrible friend I am.

She then started to cry, and Hope pulled her into a small hug. When they pulled away, they realized that Allie was standing at the door.

- You're not a terrible friend, the blonde said, while Alex was wiping her tears. Quite the opposite, in fact. Kelley's you friend, and you got scared for her. I understand your reaction, Alex, and I won't judge you for that.

Alex was relieved. She got up and ran into Allie's arms. The blonde was surprised at first, but then she hugged her tightly, under Hope's watch. Alex said in a low voice, so that only Allie would hear what she said :

- I'm sorry, Al. I didn't mean to hurt you.

- Don't worry, I'm a real rock, Allie laughed.

They pulled away, and smiled at each other. Unfortunately, Hope was still here to get them back to reality :

- You still need to talk to Kelley, though.

"No wonder Carli and her make a good pair", Alex thought.

***

Julie kissed Zach goodbye, before he and Brian took off.

She then got back to her room. Whitney wasn't here yet, so she decided to take a shower before dinner. Once her clean clothes put on, she headed to the eating room. All day long, when she was with Zach, she couldn't help but throwing quick looks in Christen's direction, always resulting the same : the dark-haired girl was staring at her, and got caught several times. But it wasn't a cute glare or anything. It was like if Christen was trying to kill Zach with her bare look.

Things were getting complicated, Julie knew it. Everytime she saw Christen and her green eyes, her stomach started dancing, just as two hundred butterflies were flying inside of her. She tried to take that feeling down, to shut it out, but it didn't work. She didn't want to feel anything for Christen. In fact, even though she knew that Christen meant more to her than Zach, she was going to stick with him. Her family loved him, and her parents were proud that she found herself such a man. Julie's parents were old school, and quite homophobic. She couldn't make Zach sad and her family ashamed of her.

Unfortunately, separating herself from Christen was impossible. Not when they were living under the same roof, or that the only remaining sit was at her table. Julie took a salad and sat down next to Kling and Kriegy. Christen was in a deep conversation with Sammy and Moe. Becky, who was just in front of the defender, gave her a worried look. Julie was actually way paler than she was usually, and Becky was the kind of friend to worry about everything.

Becky snapped her fingers to draw her attention. Julie jumped a little bit, and Moe burst out laughing, which caused Christen to look at their direction.

- JJ, you okay ? Becky asked, truly worried.

- Y-yeah, Julie said in a weak voice. It's been a tough day, that's all.

- Everything okay between you and Zach ? Lindsey asked from the other side of the table.

Julie felt Christen's cold glare on her, but didn't react at it. Instead, she just looked at Lindsey with a "happy" smile :

- Yeah, we're stronger than ever, she lied. We are preparing our wedding, actually, so it's very stressing.

- Wedding ? Christen let out, not on purpose.

- C'mon, Press, Kling said with a playful voice. They've been fiancés forever, it's logical that they'll get married anytime soon !

A silence was raised between then, before Sammy broke it :

- Anyway, if we can do anything to help you, just say it.

- Thanks guys, Julie smiled.

Before she could react, she saw Christen leaving the room in a rush. Once the forward was on the doorway, she sat in the ground, her head on her hands. "She's getting married fort God's sake. Why did I fall in love for a girl who has a fiancé ?" she cursed herself.