8

Ashlyn, Hope and Alyssa were having coffee on a restaurent's balcony, since their special training had been cancelled because the coach was stuck on a traffic jam. Seing her friend's mood a little bit low, Hope asked Ashlyn what's up, since she and Alyssa has seen Ali avoid her all morning during physical training. 

The blonde blushed a little. 

- I... kinda kissed her, she admitted, staring at the floor. 

- Damn, I thought you were never gonna take the first step, Alyssa let out. What happened then ? 

- She pushed me away, Ash said in a sad tone. 

- Oh.

Hope looked into the blonde's eyes to see some sort of disappointment in herself, along with anger. She probably felt like she just lost Ali's friendship for a sudden decision. Maybe it was the case, but maybe not. 

- Ash, you should let her come back by herself, Hope advised. Give her some time. I think that she was more surprised that discussed. 

- I dunno, the blonde let out. I feel like I fucked up big time. 

Neither of her two friends said a word. They sat in silence, as Ashlyn was feeling more and more angry at herself. "Couldn't you just keep your fucking feeling for yourself? Dammit !" She put her hands on her face, fighting the tears that were making their way to her eyes. Hope and Alyssa didn't move, and the blonde was thankful for that. 

Hope suddenly took her hand :

- I think you shouldn't hold whatever you're feeling for her back, she said wisely. I mean, you don't know what could happen tomorrow or even today. I don't think Ali was immune to your kiss. We all see the way she looks at you, with sparkle in her eyes. I think you're going too hard on yourself : maybe you tried and it didn't work. But at least you tried. Now, go and get your girl back. You guys can at least still be friends. 

Her speech was cut short by Alyssa's applause. Her two friends looked at her with small smiles on their faces. Ashlyn put her hands on her head. 

- I don't know if I can be just friends with her..., she said shyly. I can't stand it. Imagine if she kisses some guy just in front of me...? 

- I don't think she will, Hope said with confidence. If you tell her how you feel, she won't be that stupid, right ? 

- I can't do that, Ash finally said. I'll tell her it was a mistake, that it didn't mean a thing. And if you two say anything else than this version of this story, I'll kill you, or worse. 

Alyssa and Hope nodded in agreement.

***

The training was very exhausting today. After physical conditionnent, they played for four hours without remplacement. The only one that was still running was Kelley, full of energy. They all looked at her in shock, saluting her extreme endurance. Jill was very happy of all of them, so she called a little break for them to take their breathes back. 

Carli sat on the bench, drinking water very quickly. Her teammates imitated her and started to speak about game strategy. Tobin and Kling were willing to give importance on the left and right sides, and Ali immediately agreed. They spoke about the way the midfielders should give them the ball, and then went on about defensive stuff. 

Alex was staring intensively at Tobin. When Allie gave her a small blow on her ribs, she jumped in surprise and then froze. Allie whispered in her ears :

- Stop eating her with your eyes, you're too obvious, Lex, she said before winking. 

Alex always knew that Allie was good at pegging people. She saw little details that other didn't. She closed her eyes as she saw her friend running to her position on the field. "Shit", Alex said to herself. She knew she was gonna have a unpleasant conversation with the blonde later on, and she wasn't looking forward to that. 

She didn't know what she felt for Tobin. Obviously, Allie knew her Harry very well, so maybe she was going to take her defense and say Alex to drop it. The truth was that Allie was a wise girl, and she was an even better friend because of that : she didn't take sides. Alex knew she could trust her, but still wanted to figure out what her feeling were on her own. 

She was totally lost. And Tobin running towards her didn't help. 

- Eh, Lex, you okay ? You look awful, the brunette said with a concerned look. 

- Yeah, I didn't eat enough this morning, Alex said slowing her walk down. But I'll be just fine. 

Tobin put her hand and the hollow of Alex's back. The forward felt like Allie was watching them and quickly walked away from her friend. 

She shook her head : she had to figure it out before she lost her mind.