37

The "Team Rookies" was playing on the eating room. All five of them were sitting on a table, playing Monopoly, because it was the only game available since Alex and Tobin weren't here to play with it. Actually, it was the most boring game ever, so they just made up some rules that weren't existing in the first place.

Sammy was very fit today.

- Guys, Imma crush you all, she yelled.

They all laughed at her and her awkwardness. Sammy was very strange sometimes ; she didn't know how to behave properly in certain situations, and it might be only a coincidence, but every time she was so weird was when Sonnett was around. No, Sammy is a weirdo any time of the day, Steph thought to herself. But her, Lindsey and Moe were seeing Emily's heart eyes fixed on the weird blonde, who was now winning this stupid game. They never said anything ; Emily was big enough to deal with whatever she was feeling.

Moe laughed again when Sammy got up to do a kind of celebration for her win. Lindsey cheered, and the others just remained still.

- Why is she always winning ? Steph asked, angry. I'm sure she's cheating.

- Look at her, Lindsey said, out of breath. How could she cheat if she can't even tell a little lie to us ?

They nodded in agreement, while Emily was intensively staring at her, lost in her thoughts. Steph coughed, and the defender blushed a little.

- So, Em, are you seeing anyone ? Lindsey asked, out of a real curiosity.

- No.

Her answer was cold, but a smile lightened her face. She looked at Lindsey, who was quite chocked of this sudden change of mood.

- But my heart is taken by a fabulous... cute... beautiful... clumsy.. person, she continued, looking at her friends with courage.

- When will we meet this gentle man ? Steph asked, surprised that her friend didn't told her.

- Well, first of all it a girl, and soon I hope.

They all knew Sonnett was bi since a party back in college. They nodded, while Sammy was chuckling with her saliva. Her friends made fun of her, but she didn't react. They kept on playing Monopoly for an hour before Moe complained about how boring this game was for the 100th time.

- I thought it was cool, since Tobs and Lex play all the time, Sammy let out, disappointed.

- No one said that those two grandmas were cool, Moe replied, amused.

- Show some respect to my mommas, Lindsey took offense.

Moe ironically apologized before jumping on her friend's back. The two of them went out of the room, before Lindsey propelled them both on the pool. The girls who were hanging out outside burst out laughing.

- I missed those kids so much, Pinoe said, a motherly smile on her lips.

- Me too, Carli added.

Steph went and sit on the captain's knees. Carli wrapped her arms around the girl's waist, and chuckled at how ticklish Steph was.

***

Kelley was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She felt empty.

She suddenly heard a knock on the door. She reluctantly got up to see Tobin enter the room, slamming the door open before shutting it. She light brunette seemed pretty angry, and began to do back and forth in front of her friend.

- Why are you guys so stupid ? she let out angrily.

Kelley looked at her in shock.

- I beg your pardon ?

- You and Al, you guys are such idiots.

Completely lost this time, Kelley passed her hand through her hair. She knew that she had to let Tobin speak, because she needed to let everything out.

- You passed the Tobin Test, Kelley, okay ? You're worth dating Allie.

- Uhm, thanks.... I guess, the Georgia girl said, still not sure where this conversation was heading.

- Yes, you should thank me, Tobin yelled. My best friend is a very good girl, totally fucked up, sad, cold, bitchy, sometimes hard to understand and hard to pleased. She's complicated, she's hurt and stubborn, I know. But you can't let her go like that.

- Wow wow wow wow, slow down, Speedy Gonzales ! Kelley stopped her, overtaken by her friend's words. She shut me out, she pushed me away.

- Exactly ! Tobin rumbled like a lion.

Kelley frowned, and Tobin rolled her eyes in exasperation.

- God, Kels, you need a translator or what ? she said, more calmly this time. You need to prove her you're worth her trust, and that's she's worth fighting for !

- Oh, thanks, miss obvious ! And how do I do that exactly, Magic Tobin freaking Heath ?

Now, the two girls were out of their minds. Kelley never called Tobin by her full name, last name included.

- Dude, I'm not fucking Tinder adviser, you figure it out by yourself ! the Thorn replied with a smirk on her face. I'm out.

As she was walking to reach the door, Kelley held her by the arm. Tobin saw that the girl cared, and that she was desperate. Well, quite understandable since she's tried to reach Allie's heart for months now, Tobin thought. She knew Allie better than anyone except Alex, and it was quite frightening how Kelley had made an impact in the blonde's life. Both Alex and Tobin knew Allie was really attached to her, and even in love with her. It killed Tobin to see them walk on different paths when they both need each other at the moment.

Kelley was begging her with her look.

- Please, help me... I don't know how to act anymore..., Kelley said sadly. I want her. I really want her, I swear. I do not want to hurt her. Just hold her tight and fall asleep on her arms. Tobs, I-I...

- Yes ? Tobin asked, giving her an inquiring look.

- I'm in love with her.

- Great. So, now, go and get her, otherwise you'll regret letting her go for the rest of your life.

Kelley's eyes went wide. She kissed Tobin on the cheek before rushing out of the room. Well, now she passed the Tobin Test, the brunette thought, proud of herself. Shit, I forgot to mention that I'll rip her head off if she hurts her.