12

Kelley was sitting on the bench. 

She was extremely confused. The reason was non other than Allie Long, aka the most beautiful midfielder she's ever seen. She couldn't take her eyes off her while she was playing and Kelley wasn't. The was the read the game so well, her shots, her smile whenever a good occasion was taken... The Georgia girl didn't understand where that came from. She tried to hide it whenever she was around the blonde girl, because she was very impressive. Her best defense was to make Allie uncomfortable so she didn't have a chance to realize how Kelley was when they spent time together. They actually never spent a day just the two of them. 

Kelley was called up, along with Whitney and Alex. The three of them ran on the field, while Allie, Christen and Becky were exciting. Kelley winked at the blonde, who rolled her eyes without an answer. Kelley caught herself blushing a little. She shook her head and began to play soccer with excitement. She could feel Allie's gaze on her neck sometime, as she intensively was staring at her. Once, Kelley looked as well, and their eyes met. She shivered and tried to ignore it.   

The thing was that she was extremely attracted to the blonde, and didn't know how to make those thoughts go away. After all, she wasn't gay. And her parents would kill her or throw her in Hell for have those thoughts towards a woman. 

- O'Hara, concentration please ! Jill screamed as Kelley just missed a good opportunity, lost in her thoughts. 

Becky and Christen burst out laughing, while Allie was smiling with amusement. Kelley cursed herself and began to run again. The training lasted over three hours before it finally ended. Every single one of the girls was relieved. They changed and went back to their rooms. Kelley took a quick shower before going on the balcony to call her mother.

But her phone rang before she had the chance to. 

- Dad ? she said in a friendly tone.

- Kelley, I've got bad news. 

Her jaw dropped a little bit. She just realized that Allie and Christen just stepped on the balcony, taking seat on the outdoors couches. Kelley swallowed her saliva very painfully as she waited her dad to go on. 

She lost her patience. 

- Dad, what's going on ? she said, drawing her friends attention. 

- Your sister killed herself. 

- No way, she said, falling on her knees. No fucking way...

- I'm sorry, I gotta go. No need for you to come, she wrote a suicide letter and she doesn't want a funeral. 

- Dad, wait..., Kelley desperately said, but her dad hung up.  

She let her phone slide of her hands and started crying. She told her friends that her sister has died.

She then felt warm arms around her, and Allie's face appeared in her field of view. The blonde put her hands on Kelley's cheeks, before suddenly lifting both hands and pulled the defender to her. Kelley buried her face on Allie's nice-smelling neck, before crying harder. Allie old her tight, and Kelley felt so good, protected. Christen took her hand and squeezed it as hard as she could. They remained in that position for five minutes, and it felt like Allie didn't want Kelley go, as if something could happen to her outside of her arms. 

Christen finally stood up and went to tell the other the bad news. She knew Kelley would want to be alone for a day at least, so she was counting on her teammates comprehension. After she left, Allie began to gently push the brunette away to look her in the eyes. 

- Kelley, there's no word that could describe what you're feeling right now, she said. I assume you're upset, you don't understand how such a thing could've happen without you noticing the signs... You have to tell yourself that it's not your fault, and think it. I need you to say to yourself : "I couldn't know, it's not my fault, it's nobody's fault." Come on, big girl. It hurts now, I know it's crappy, but you'll get through this. And I'm here to help you with whatever you need, even if it's a cuddle session. 

- You hate cuddle sessions, Kelley said, still crying. 

- I guess I can do an exception for you, the blonde shyly said, blushing. C'mon, let's get you to your room so you can rest easy. 

- Don't you have Alex and Tobin waiting for you ? the light brunette objected. I don't want you wasting your time. 

- Stop saying that. I'm not wasting my time. I'll tell Harry I have to be here for my friend, Allie said, looking a little bit angry. 

- Who ? 

- Uhm, I mean, Tobin. 

Kelley nodded. Allie didn't let go of her until they got on her room. The Georgia girl let herself fall on her bed while the blonde was making her a coffee. She looked at her from head to feet for the second time today, but only now she could stare without her noticing. She felt safe whenever Allie was around her, and she couldn't say why since she knew her for so little. Besides, she was Alex and Tobin's friend, she was untouchable. 

She shook her head, thinking about her sister. What the hell did she miss ? The tears started rolling on her cheeks again, and she buried her face on her pillow, lying on her side, turning her back on Allie. Few seconds later, she felt a hand on her hips, and Allie lied on the bed next to her, cuddling her friend tightly. Kelley closed her eyes and appreciated the felling she had about the blondes arms wrapped around her, keeping her warm.

Kelley couldn't help herself :

- I know you love to cuddle with me. 

Allie let a small laugh out before answering :

- Actually, with you it's not so bad.