27

The Kriegers arrived here few minutes ago, and Ali was already feeling nervous. Kyle was making his signature face, the one that says : "Imma make you blush all day". Ash was by her side, and they were holding hands under the table. Mama Kriegs was looking at the blonde goalkeeper, squinting and pressing her lips together.   

Ali gave her an inquisitive look, and the woman answered right away :

- Where were you gonna tell me that you two are dating ? 

- Mom, I don't think they're here yet, Kyle gently said. 

But Ali's mom wouldn't give up : whenever she was convinced by something, she was becoming very stubborn - just like her daughter though. She was staring at Ashlyn, an expressionless face on. Since her girl was beginning to feel uncomfortable, Ali reacted :

- You've got a problem with that ? she asked sharply. 

Ashlyn squeezed her hand. She didn't want to tear their family apart. But Ali was determined to keep on fighting. 

- No. Actually, I think Ashlyn is a very decent young woman, Ali's mom said, leaving them in shock. Daddy would like her. 

At her dead dad's mention, Ali stopped smiling. Of course it was a beautiful comment from her mother, and she regretted getting mad. Kyle was smiling, winking at Ash so she would know that everything was all right. 

Ali said then :

- Mom, Kyle... Ash is the love of my life, my person. She's part of the family now.

She turned her head to look at the blonde, whose mouth was opened with surprise. She was looking at the defender with a shy smile on her face. Kyle couldn't help but get up and hug the two girls. Their mom then stood up to embrace Ashlyn, under Ali's watch. The brunette didn't know how Ash was feeling about this reveal, besides, it kinda came out of nowhere. But it was the truth. 

Once they left, Ash took Ali in her arms, holding her tight. 

- I love you, Ali, she whispered in her hear. 

- I guess we've become official, she brunette answered, pulling away from her. Are you okay with this ? We could still wait and... uhm...

- As long as you're okay with this, I'll be too, babe, Ash said. Besides, your family loves me. That's a fact. 

- I love you so much, Ali said.

She then kissed her in front of the whole team. 

***

Christen was obviously avoiding Julie since this morning. 

She didn't want to cross her path, and also to face her beautiful and angry glare. She therefor pretended to have an hangover this morning - which was half-true, though - so that she didn't have to go to breakfast and be in the same room than the defender was. Then, she didn't leave her room all morning, watching series on TV, chilling on her bed. But this afternoon, she promised Kelley to go on a walk with her because she needed to talk to her about something important. Sure that is was about a certain blonde midfielder, Christen didn't mind listening to her friend. 

When she finally went out of her room, she hurried up to join Kelley, who was waiting for her outside. On her way, she grabbed a banana, greeted some of the girls, and ate it very fast. Kelley seemed very confused. 

- Sup' bro ? Christen asked. 

Kelley gave her a cold glare. "Maybe Allie won't be the topic of our little chat after all", Pressy thought, shivering. 

- Sup', you homewrecker, Kelley said sharply. 

The dark-haired girl didn't know whether she should deny everything, or just let her friend yell at her until she could finally go away. 

- I saw you literately jump on Julie at the party, Kelley said, lowering her voice. What's wrong with you Pressy ? Are you even gay ? 

- No, I-, she tried to reply, but Kelley didn't let her. 

- Then why were you kissing my baby cinnamon-roll, who you know is engaged ? 

Christen could tell she was furious just because of the look on her face. She didn't know what to say. Alcohol was the only available excuse - and it was true, because she would've never done such a thing as kissing Julie while being sober - but she knew she couldn't use it. Kelley was waiting for an answer, but the forward remained silent. 

So Kelley said :

- Julie left because of you. 

- She what ? Christen nearly yelled. Wha- When ?

- This morning, while you were hiding in your room. 

Christen was feeling very bad. And it wasn't because of her hangover. 

She was ruining everything ; her friendship with Julie, the blonde's career - because she obviously was the reason because she left - and the way the others were looking at her. Seeing that disappointed face on Kelley made her realized how much of a jerk she was being. So selfish. Of course she didn't want Julie to marry Zach, of course she was definitely feeling something towards the defender, but she didn't wanna loose what they had because of her selfishness. She began to think about all the things she could do to bring Julie back to camp. 

Kelley, who saw Christen's expression of panic, seemed to calm down a little, realizing her friend didn't want to loose her bestie. But Kelley was still mad, looking Christen walking back and forth in front of her. 

- Pressy, you need to fix this, she said before leaving. 

Once the light brunette was out of her sight, Christen let herself fall on the ground. She was having a kind of panic attack. Taking deep breaths, she took her phone out of her pocket, calling Julie's number. She left several voice mails, telling her how sorry she was, and that she didn't want her actions to ruin everything between them. After around ten attempts, she decided to text her, so that she would maybe see her messages. 

She began to write on her screen :

"Jules. 

What I did is unforgivable, I know. I just wish you were here so that you could see my face right know. I'm crying because I lost my best friend, my favorite person in this world. I swear I won't ever kiss you again, even if I want it so badly. I can forget what I feel about you, because your happiness is more important to me than mine. Even if it means stop fighting for you, or seeing you marrying Zach, I will do whatever you want. Just, please, come back. Don't throw your soccer career away because of me or what I did. 

Once again, I'm sorry. Please, you don't need to forgive me. If you don't wanna talk to me ever again, I'll understand. Just come back to us, please."

Christen was crying all the tears of her body, and stayed there for three straight hours, thinking about the fact that she was letting Julie go with another person than herself. She wasn't aware of all her feeling towards Julie until she knew she was gone forever. Yes, she was in love, and probably lost the love of her life.

Her person.