4

Since four of the girls went on a picnic, and four others were about to get ready for a movies night, Hope went to her room right after dinner.

She saw Carli on her bed, phone and food on her hands. She didn't pay attention to her when she entered the room, probably because she was busy with her texting things. Hope put her gloves on a shelf and dropped into her bed. Carli finally took a look at her and put her phone down. She then straightened and said :

- You okay ? 

- Yeah, fine, why'd you ask ? Hope answered with a cold tone.

- You're acting strange since we got here, I was just wondering if it has something to do with me. 

Hope shivered and looked away as Carli's gaze was becoming too intense. She sat on her bed, struggling to become calm again. She hated the way Carli could disturb her so easily, as if Hope had no self-control whenever she was around. 

- No, of course not ! she exclaimed. I'm just tired, that's all. 

Carli nodded and got back to her phone. Hope took advantage of the situation and went out of the room after grabbing a jacket. She put it on as she was walking down the hallway, shaking her head with irritation. 

She came across Kelley, who was whistling happily. 

- Hey, big bad keeper ! Sup'? 

Hope let a small laugh out and replied :

- I'm good, what about you ? Why do you look so... determined ? 

- Pinoe forced Long to have a movies night with both of us plus Horan ! she answered with excitement.

- Poor girl, Hope laughed. Have fun then ! 

Kelley thanked her and ran very fast. Once she vanished from Hope's field of vision, she began to walk faster. She didn't know where she was headed, but she was going somewhere. She stopped in front of an impressive statue and looked at it for a while. She didn't know what was going on, or why her thoughts were filled with Carli. She hasn't noticed those growing feelings before, and she was confused. She always knew she cared about Carli more than she cared about her husband. What if it wasn't a friendship only ? Feeling attracted to a friend was normal, right ? Hope sighed before putting her hand on her forehead. 

She didn't want to think anymore. She got back to her room, praying that Carli was asleep. And thank God she was, but not for long.  

***

The first movie was a Pokemon one. 

Pinoe and Kelley, on one hand, were having the time of their lives. They sang the opening song to height lungs, and recited every single line by heart. Lindsey took part of their little gang, laughing whenever Pinoe or the squirrel were saying the lines wrong. On the other hand, Allie was glaring at them with a forlorn look on her face . And the worst part for her was that it made them laugh even harder - she didn't know it was possible tho. 

A few hours later, as they were now watching their third film, "Into the Wild", Kelley fell asleep on Allie's shoulder. The blonde was willing to push her away since she wasn't really the type to cuddle or anything that has to do with physical contact, but she didn't. The truth was that Kelley was so peaceful and quiet that Allie didn't want to wake her up. Lindsey put her head on her other shoulder and Pinoe, who was sitting on the floor, pressed her back on the blonde's legs. Allie was feeling a little bit uncomfortable, but she didn't resist. 

Lindsey looked at her in shock. 

- You're not so cold, are you ? 

Allie shook her head.

- It depends, she answered quickly. 

- She looooooooves us, that's all, Pinoe added. And don't even try to deny it.   

The midfielder set her jaw but didn't say anything. 

When the movie was finally over, Kelley woke up and seemed confused about her position. She stepped away from Allie, said goodnight to Pinoe and followed Lindsey out of the room. The blonde decided to go and breath some fresh air. She passed near Hope and Carli's room, hearing some sort of fight behind the door. She couldn't help but lean in so she could her the conversation between the keeper and the captain. 

Carli was the one shouting :

- ... don't tell me what to do ! You don't even wanna talk to me ! I know something is bothering you! 

- I do not want to talk to anyone, even if it's you ! Carli, I need to play soccer in peace, and I don't want any fight to come as a barrier between me and soccer ! I don't want any distraction, I just wanna pass the 100th cap ! 

- What are you even talking about ? Shit Hopey, I can't help you get rid of whatever is bothering you if you don't let me in ! 

- Why can't you just drop it ! Hope said, raising her voice. You're no one to tell me who I have to tell my problem to ! 

- I'm no one ? Fine then. I'll switch rooms. See ya.

- Car...

Allie quickly took several steps back and faked walking through the doorway. Carli opened the door and almost bumped into her. The blonde let a small excuse go out of her mouth, felling the guilt of overhearing their conversation grow in her. 

- Oh, Allie, do you mind if we switch rooms ? I know you want to be in a calm atmosphere, and since my roommate isn't very talkative, I think it'd be great.

- No problem, except from the fact that Hope hates me, Allie shyly said.

- She doesn't really hate you, she just doesn't know you well for now. Please, I can't sleep in there tonight. 

- Fine. Let me just take few of my stuff. 

Before she even noticed, Allie was on Hope's room. The dark haired girl was laying on her bed, reading some criminal novel. She didn't say a word to her new roommate, so the blonde assumed she was just supposed to go to bed and wait for Carli and Hope to be friends again. 

That night, she dreamed about Kelley.