42

Everything was settled.

The Johnstons arrived earlier this afternoon. Kristi and David, her parents, immediately began to cry when they saw their little girl all grown-up. Her dad took her in his arms and didn't let go of her until Julie's sister, Melanie, came in. JJ jumped at her neck, and held her tight. They haven't seen each other in a while now, and they really missed each other.

Now, everyone was sitting on a well-designed room, waiting for the bride to finally come. Zach was standing in the end of the aisle, proud like a king. The Bridesmaids were already standing in their position, and the only one that wasn't smiling was Christen. She knew everything would be different by now, because she was letting the love of her live marrying another person. Becky, who was just next to her, squeezed her hand a little more.

When Julie finally came into the room, led by her father, her eyes landed on Christen, and she couldn't take them off her. She was looking flawless, and God only know how Julie was feeling right now. She knew she really had fallen for her, like, really hard. But life decided another fate to their relationship, and she wouldn't risk her faith over a girl. But then, Becky's words came to her mind : you can concile both, kid. Don't let her go.

Zach took her hand, emotional. He was staring at the girl of his dreams, and she was glowing. On the first row, just next to her family, were sitting all of her teammates. Julie spotted Hope holding Carli's hand, and frowned. But as soon as the priest began his speech, she forgot about it. Before she could realize it, it was all over, and they had to put a ring on each other's finger. When Zach said "I do", Julie suddenly felt dizzy.

She then heard a voice coming from behind her. She soon realized that everybody was looking at Christen with horrified faces.

- I won't shut my mouth forever, she said. I object to this union.

Julie's head was on fire, while whispers from the assembly broke the deadly silence. Julie saw her parents, and they seemed confused. But Melanie was just frowning, looking straight at the dark-haired girl.

Christen went on :

- I can't let you go without a fight, she said right at Julie's face. I am deeply, madly, sincerely... in love with you. I don't want you to spend the rest of your life with some pretty boy - she turned at Zach, and murmured a "no offense man". I won't let you tear down what we have out of fear. Because yes, Julie, I think you're in love with me too.

The silence was back. All looks were focused on the blonde. Becky was smiling at her, while the Johnstons were completely lost. Melanie suddenly changed her facial expression. She caught eyes with Julie, and her look seemed to say "follow your heart." Julie let go of Zach's hands. Becky wisely said "God loves all of his children".

Christen went down the steps with confidence, before stopping when she was next to Julie. The two looked at each other for a while, before Christen whispered :

- Come with me.

The world may have fallen apart, but Julie felt relieved. It was her revival. She threw an ultimate look at her family, then at Zach.

- Please..., Christen added. I can't live without you, Jules.

Everybody was holding their breathes. But Julie now knew exactly what to do. She murmured a little "sorry" to Zach, took Christen's hand and pulled her out of the room. They stumbled past their teammates, who were smiling warmly.

Once they were outside, Julie pulled Christen closer to her and kissed her with fierce. The dark-haired, who has never seen her friend like that, kissed her back with all of her passion. They then pressed their forehead together, before Julie's warm breath collapsed with Christen's face.

- I love you too.

***

- Wow, the cinnamon rolls ignited a firestorm, Kelley let out.

It all came out as a shock for a lot of people here, but it didn't surprise Moe ; she was the first one to have seen something going on between the two. She was happy for them that Julie finally found the courage to speak up and run away with the love of her life. But Zach was a mess, and when he and the Johnstons left earlier, nobody seemed happy. Her sister Melanie told Moe to give a message to Julie, and it wasn't good news at all. It went something like "Mom and dad hate you. I just wanna understand why, call me." Moe felt bad of her friend. She knew Julie was such a sensitive person, and loosing her family all in one day was gonna be hard for her.

Pinoe frowned.

- That's sick, she let out. I'd never have thought Julie would...

- Run away with a girl in front of all of her friends and family ? Sammy said.

They all nodded.

But Jill Ellis was ready to talk to them, and she wasn't very happy.

- Since Julie and Christen are nowhere to be found - and hopefully will come back soon otherwise I'll cut their throats off - I've decided to add two people to our roster. We will then be 22, which is more than we should be, but the Olympic assembly accepted it.

There was a little silence. They all were dying to her the names. Jill didn't let the suspense last very long.

- Alyssa is back among us ! Jill announced.

Indeed, the brunette came into the room, cheered by her teammates. Ashlyn and Hope basically jumped in her arms - goalkeepers friendship, something like that. Once the calm was reinstalled, Jill put her hands together and said :

- Also, welcome back our very beloved Kristie Mewis !

There was a loud scream of joy, and the newcomer was immediately greeted by her sister, who was just so happy to finally see her.