45

Carli woke up at 5 AM. 

Cuddling by her side was Hope, deeply asleep, her mouth half-opened. The brunette smiled at the sight she was having right now, and placed a small kiss on the edge of the keeper's head. Those past weeks had been such an amazing time for both of them ; they were acting like some sort of "secret couple", so that nobody on the team - except from Allie, who already knew - would find out about them. Even though it was being more and more difficult to act normal around each other, the two girls agreed on staying hidden. 

Hope had become such an important part of her life in a very little time, and Carli had the weird impression that the dark-haired would never leave her side. She knew at that very moment, as she was feeling butterfly in her stomach while watching the girl she was in love with sleep against her chest, that she did the right thing in breaking up with Brian. 

There was a little groan from the tall keeper, who opened her eyes, before closing them right away. The light was too strong for the early morning. Carli chuckled at how cute her friend looked right now, and slipped her fingers through her dark hair. 

- Babe, I want you to meet my parents, she let out in a weak voice. 

Carli tensed immediately. Hope felt it and straightened in order to look at Carli in the eyes. She wasn't reluctant, but there was fear in her eyes. 

- I know we aren't a couple of anything, but I just don't want to make a bad impression on your mom and dad, a-and I..., Carli yakked, really nervous. 

Hope kissed her to make her shout her mouth, before taking her soft hands in her own. She then looked at the brunette with a big smile on her face. 

- Not a couple ? Hope said in a playful tone. 

It didn't make Carli relax. In fact, it was quite the contrary. She just acknowledged the words she just threw at Hope's face. What if she wants us to be official ? Were we all this time ? Did I misread the situation ? What... 

- I-I mean, I don't know what we are I.... Do you think we're a couple ? I-I... sure wouldn't mind, if you want us to... you know... I really didn't know you thought we were already... What if your family don't like me ? 

- How could they not like you ? Hope intervened, making Carli speechless for the second time. I mean, look at how cute you are right now, trying to figure us out. 

- By the way, I need help with that, Carli let out, blushing even more. 

There was a little silence, which Hope broke :

- We don't have to be put in a certain box, Car. I am yours, and you are mine ; that's all that matters. 

The captain finally felt relaxed. She wrapped her arms around Hope's body and began to kiss her with passion. 

***

Only two days were left in that camp. 

The girls were training inside because of the rain. The group was split in two, and Dawn sure took care to put certain people away from each other. She began by the Three Amigas, and Allie had to go on the other team. Then, the Rookies were split in two, and the two keepers went separate ways as well. Then, the groups were settled. They had to work by pair now, and Emily was quite nervous about teaming up with Kristie, especially after the awkward text she sent her. Sammy was only several meters away from them. 

As they were doing their exercises, Kristie was throwing intensive looks at her friend, who was feeling very uncomfortable. 

- Stop, Emily hissed, fed up with her friend's childish behavior. 

- What ? Why ? Kristie said while faking being innocent. 

- It's really disturbing. 

- Like your feelings for my sister ? 

Several heads turned in their direction, and Emily kept her head down. She then punched Kristie in the arm, and the blonde frowned. She then burst out laughing, which caught everyone's attention. Emily knew this wasn't going to end well : Kristie wasn't the type to give up. 

- Shut up, you're talking nonsense right now, Emily said in a cold tone. 

- Am I ? Really ? Kristie insisted. 

- Yes, Emily yelled, out of patience. 

A deadly silence was reigning in the room, and the atmosphere was heavy. Emily walked away from Kristie and asked Sam if they could change partners. She was now facing Allie, and the midfielder didn't even dare to ask her what was going on. They just kept on exercising, before Emily began to be really angry. 

Allie pulled her by the arm after asking for Dawn's permission. The pair walked outside, sitting on a bench, watching the rain pouring in front of them. 

- I don't wanna be too intrusive, Allie began. So Imma just tell you this : I'm here if you wanna talk to someone. I ain't no judge, only a shoulder to cry on or an adviser. 

- Thanks, Al. 

- Anytime. 

When Allie left, Emily was finally alone. She took her head on her hands, feeling the tears growing inside of her. She didn't know why she was crying, but she just wanted to let it all go out, in order to come back even stronger. Kristie pissed her off big time, and she was beyond tired of always denying her attraction towards Sam. 

She heard some steps coming on her way. When she looked up, her eyes weren't wet anymore. Press and JJ were walking towards her, hand in hand. The blonde got up in order to hug the two love birds. Emily really was happy and proud of them ; they found the courage to come out in front of a crowded room, that initially came for Julie's wedding. It was a real proof of their love, and everyone on the team knew that. 

Emily let got of them, a big smile on her face. 

- Ready for the last two days, guys ? she asked. 

- YAS! Christen screamed before rushing in the training room.

Then, there just were shouts of joy and excitement : the team was back together for the final two days before the Olympics. 

_______________________________

Hi guys 

There are maximum 5 chapters left in this story. I was thinking about some ideas. Tell me what do you prefer :

1) A sequel that tells the story of the off-season month and then the Olympics

2) A two-years time jump after the Olympics ? 

3) Any other idea ?