11

Christen was watching Game Of Thrones in her room. Kelley wasn't there so she felt free to use her bed as a spot to put their TV. She then sat on her bed, her back on the wall, a blanket on her legs. The episode was already airing, so she decided to start watching it. Few seconds later, Whitney came and joined her.

As they were in the middle of the episode, someone knocked on the door. Whitney volunteered to go and open it since Christen's favorite character was about to get killed off. Ashlyn's face came out of nowhere.

- Hey Whit, can I talk to you for a sec ? she asked shyly.

- Sure, I'll leave Christen because she stresses me out, Whitney said with a little laugh. Have you ever seen her watching GoT ? I mean she literally looses it every time they say something.

- Eh, I do that too, Ash answered with a laugh. Don't laugh at us.

Whitney prevented a laugh from going out of her throat before following her best friend, who was heading to the eating room, since Ali probably was on their room. They sat down, and saw the room was actually empty.

The blonde didn't really know where to start, Whitney could feel it.

- Take a deep breath, I'm not her to judge but to help you, she reassured her with a sincere smile.

- Ali came to me Saturday night, telling me that she didn't want anything to change between us. I haven't had the courage to tell her that a friendship wasn't enough for me..., Ash said quickly. I don't know how to act anymore. She wanted us to remain friends, and she meant it. I don't know if I can truly live without her...

- Then I you feel that way and you know you can keep your feeling away from you guys friendship, then do that, Whit said. Because life is too short, and if you don't take risks, then just deal with what's coming u your way.

Ashlyn nodded. She didn't feel ready to tell Ali that she loved her. She thanked her friend before going back to her room. Whitney joined Christen, who was crying because the character has died. She began to complain about how all of her favorite characters kept dying every Sunday. Whitney laughed at her ; Christen was such a fangirl.

Later on, they were joined by Julie and Kling, who were ready to watch a couple of episode of Friends, along with Alyssa, who knew all the lines by heart. Julie filled the little space just next to Christen and put her hand on her upper leg. Christen seemed very uncomfortable so she repulsed it. Julie had a playful look on her blue eyes, and Kling got her attention back to Friends.

Christen knew that they were paying a dangerous game, and she was already sure she wouldn't win because of her feelings, that were harder to ignore than ever.

***

Hope was alone on her room. Allie went to Alex and Tobin's room, as usual. The goalkeeper was beginning to actually appreciate the blonde midfielder. They had many things in commun, as their way of going in morning runs, or the fact that they were very introverts and not invasive in each other's lives.

As she was reading a book, the door opened forcefully, and Carli came in. She looked very tired, but most of all she seemed angry, which she usually never was. She closed the door the same way she opened it and walked across the room. She took Hope's book from her hands and threw it right to the wall. Hope got up, out of her. Her face turned red because of the rage ; she wasn't hard to upset. Carli didn't take any step back and planted her look on Hope's. The tall goalkeeper put her hands on her hips to show that she was in charge here.

The brunette said in an harsh tone :

- We've got to talk about why you're angry at me.

Her confident tone made Hope's jaw drop a little bit. She regained control over herself, as her look was trowing daggers at Carli.

- Go away, I don't wanna get mad at you, Hope said, feeling a bitter feeling inside of her.

- No. This time you can't escape. You always say you are an honest and decent person, so show that to me now ! Show me the girl I've known for so many years now ! If you wanna get mad and hit me, go ahead, but I want my answers.

- Carli, just don't..., Hope said, raising her hands ahead of her.

- C'mon, Hopey, where is your wonderful fierce gone ?

Hope's body was shaken of small electric shocks, that were induced by Carli herself. The goalkeeper wanted to hit her as hard as she could, but wasn't able to do so. Seing Carli's face so near, so angry at her, and so determined, had her loosing her head. She wanted to hold her tight, telling her everything about how she's been feeling for years now. But she couldn't. She just didn't want to do this. Carli was straight as fuck.

The dark-haired girl put her hands down, desperate. Carli took a step forward.

- Talk to me, please..., she said in a serious tone. I hate to see you like this.

- Please, leave me alone... I can't tell you anything. It's for your own good.

Carli looked at her, frowning. Seing Hope so weak, so upset about herself was the first time, even though she's seen her in many states the past few years.

- My own good ? I'm not a kid, Carli responded.

- No, you're not, Hope said, eyeing her up from head to feet. Obviously.

She sighed, looking down.

Carli took another step forward, her hands reaching Hope's cheeks, caressing them gently. She probably meant it in a friendly way, but Hope felt her heart melt. She put her hands down and walked away from the love of her life.

- You can't even stand near me anymore..., Carli said sadly. What did I do to get us here..?

It broke Hope's heart. Her eyes got wet, but she didn't cry. "You are perfect Carli", she wanted to scream to her face. But instead, she just said :

- I'm sorry.

The walked out of the room, leaving Carli alone.