6

The trip on the mountain was a blast. 

The girls all were happy about it. They were laughing, taking selfies and having a good time, even Carli, who finally joined Ali and Ash. Once they were back to camp, they all split and went to their rooms. Allie wasn't very happy with the situation ; Hope didn't really like her, didn't talk to her, and didn't even look at her. She even regretted Pinoe as a roommate. She entered the room and went straight to her bed, changing into more comfortable clothes. Hope was here but, as usual, she didn't say a word. 

Allie received a message on WhatsApp. She opened it and let a small sigh go out of her throat before deleting the conversation with her ex-boyfriend. Hope noticed her irritation and decided to check on her :

- You okay ? 

- Uhm, yeah, I guess, Allie said slowly.   

As Hope was gonna respond, someone knocked on their door. Kling's face appeared then, and the girls saw that she was wearing her jersey. 

- Hey guys ! Allie, we are doing a little Thorns reunion outside for 2v2 shots, wanna come ? 

- Ya, sure, the blonde said before taking her jacket and putting it on. 

Kling smiled at them before going out. Hope stepped up and faced the midfielder with determination. 

- You guys need a GK ? she asked in a friendly tone. 

Surprised that the tall dark-haired girl showed some sociability, Allie looked at her before saying :

- Oh yeah, totally. 

- Let's go then, Hope said before grabbing her gloves. 

***

It was Allie and Kling versus Tobin and Lindsey. 

As the game went on going, they all were having fun, trying to take the ball from the other team and shot towards the goal. Hope made brilliant goals, and Tobin was sighing with annoyance. Kling and Lindsey were battling for the ball for several minutes, taking it from each other in turn. When Lindsey finally succeeded in passing the ball to Tobin, Allie intercepted it and took a shot at Hope, who guessed the wrong way. The ball went straight on the goal. Hope growled and gave the blonde a death glare. 

They all agreed in stopping the game here, since they all were getting pretty tired. It wasn't dinner time yet, so they just sat on the floor and took a little nap. Hope sat down as well, looking at the sun, her eyes closed. She felt Allie move next to her ; she was still awake and straightened. Hope turned her head to face the blonde girl. 

- You got lucky on your last shot, Hope said with a neutral expression on the face. 

Allie laughed. 

- It ain't luck, it's talent, she said ironically. 

- Yeah, right. 

They stayed silent a little bit, as Allie watched Tobin sleeping. 

The two of them had such a impressive friendship. Even Allie didn't realize how lucky they were to have each other. Ever since they met in the Thorns, they were connected. Allie wasn't an outgoing person, neither was she good in humans relationships. But when she met Tobin, she let her defenses drop and let Tobin see the real her. She didn't regret it even once, since the brunette introduced her to her second best friend, Alex. With them by her side, Allie felt invincible. She was so grateful to have them both by her side and to be able to call them her best friends. 

When Allie was in a bad place because of family problems, and she was kicked out of her home, Tobin welcomed her with open arms, helping her to get a flat before the two of them decided to have a flat-sharing. Alex came later to the addition. Now, Allie had no contact with neither of her family members, so she considered the Morgans and the Heaths as her second and third family. So when the three of them went on vacation in Diamond Bar to see Alex's parents, something immediately stroke Allie : it was the way Alex was looking at Tobin, always trying to get her to touch her or some things like that. And Tobin wasn't unhappy about it. 

The truth was that Allie was seeing her best friends falling in love with each other, and she didn't know how to act around them anymore. Like, should she ask Tobin what she was feeling for the forward ? Or maybe have a moment of truth with Alex one day ? Anyways, Allie didn't mind them being attracted to each other as long as their friendships weren't affected. Alex and Tobin were remaining her almost-sisters, and nothing in the world could change that. 

Hope took Allie out of her thoughts. 

- You're not very talkative, are you ? she asked. 

- I heard you are not neither, Allie replied without looking at the goalkeeper. 

- I guess I was wrong about you, Blondie, Hope went on. I think there's a chance we can get along. 

Allie looked at her in shock. Hope chuckled. 

- I hate Blondie as a nickname, the blonde finally said. It's offensive. 

- That's what you are, deal with it, Hope answered, smiling. Blondie it will be ! 

Allie rolled her eyes and put her attention back on the landscape that was a beautiful show for her eyes.