25

Carli gathered all of her courage together.

Hope opened the door, dressed in a sexy shorts and a shirt. She looked at her friend, surprised to see her here. The brunette came in without Hope allowing her to. She then closed the door, as the captain was facing the window.

- Car, what are you d-, Hope said.

- Something I should've done a long time ago, Carli said, walking straight at her.

She wrapped her arms around Hope's neck, pushing her against the wall. Their lips connected, and Carli began to kiss her with softness and passion in the same time. Even though she realized that the goalkeeper wasn't kissing her back, she kept on kissing her, pulling her body on Hope's. The dark-haired girl was so tall that Carli was on her toes. After several seconds, Hope put her arms around Carli's waist, and she suddenly felt in safety. Hope finally kissed back, and it just felt so right. They mouths were perfectly fitting, and a warm feeling was growing inside of Carli's body. Hope suddenly reversed the situation, and Carli felt her back on the wall. Hope was a very good kisser, very gentle and sweet.

Hope was the one who ended the kiss. Their bodies were always co striped, and they were drowning in each other's eyes. Carli rested her forehead on Hope's, while the keeper was catching her breath. They stood like that in silence for several minutes, before the tall goalkeeper broke it :

- You're destroying my soul.

Carli looked at her, a sad face on.

- You're destroying mine, she answered. I'm sorry it took me so long to accept that.

- Accept what ? Hope whispered.

- That I'm in love with a strong, beautiful, and obviously very tall... woman. And I've been for a while.

This was music to Hope's ears. She pulled Carli closer to her, holding her tighter, and kissing her with passion once again. They stayed close for about five full minutes. From time to time, Hope would pull away just to make sure she wasn't dreaming, or that Carli was gonna run away once again. But she wasn't. Her eyes were locked in Hope's. She finally felt home. The goalkeeper's arms were so strong and warm that Carli felt safer than ever. She was her safe place. Her favorite place in the world. Carli cursed herself for loosing so much time with the girl she loved.

Carli finally stepped away from Hope, breathless.

- Wow, that was cheesy, she said, smiling.

- It was kinda cute, Hope corrected her. Besides, you're a very good kisser.

- You're not bad yourself, Carli said in a seductive voice.

She then became serious again.

- Can we... uhm... take our time ? she asked, afraid of Hope's reaction. I mean, like, not telling the team about whatever there is between us ?

- Sure, Carli, whatever you want, Hope said, pulling her into a hug.

Everything was rushing in Hope's head. She didn't know what they were, or what was going on between them. But she knew one thing, and that was enough for her : Carli was hers.

***

Allie didn't know how to act around Kelley anymore, so she just avoided her for a few days, like she was used to whenever the felt like she was loosing her balance. She was feeling some conflicting feelings inside of her, and her brain wasn't able to think anymore. She was totally lost. The truth was that she's never felt anything before, not the way she was feeling towards the small Georgia girl. She didn't know how to make it go away.

She came across Carli, who was going out of Hope and hers room. Being the wise girl she was, Allie didn't ask anything and greeted the captain with a small smile. She then entered the room, in which Hope was literally dancing out of joy. When she saw Allie, the goalkeeper coughed and blushed a little bit.

- Happy to see that you guys are back, Allie said in a playful voice.

Hope was grateful for her respect. She gave her a little smile, before the blonde disappeared in the bathroom for several minutes, before coming back, makeup-free.

- Oh, I saw Kelley today, Hope let out.

Allie tensed immediately. She wouldn't look at Hope by fear that she would see her red face, so she just pretended to be busy with something on her suitcase.

- So ?

- She seemed totally troubled. I mean, she was serious all day, that's not normal, Hope went on. She even yelled at Sammy because she thought she took her jersey.

- Poor Sammy, Allie reacted, absent-minded.

- And then Christen checked on her, but the only thing she said was like "go ask Allie", Hope concluded.

The midfielder froze. "What ? Why would she even say that ? It's not like if I kissed her or something... right ? I mean, we didn't... I wouldn't... I would've wanted to but... Shit, Al, why are you talking to yourself right now ? Hope is looking at you like if you were an idiot ! I don't think you're one, so now find a cool response !" Allie thought, out of her mind.

She then faced Hope, praying the Lord that her face wasn't as red as before.

- I've no idea what she tried to say, I swear, she finally said.

- Allie, no judgment here, Hope said in a sweet voice. Kelley told me you two kissed at the party.

- She told you ? the blonde snapped back, surprised. She told me she didn't remember anything out of it !

- I'm not surprised, that's so Kelley to run away from problems, Hope let out, sighing.

"Well, not only Kelley" Allie thought.

- Never mind, she said instead. There's nothing between us, that kiss meant nothing for both of us anyway.

- Are you sure ?

A beating heart on her chest, Allie turned on Hope. She didn't even know what to respond. The goalkeeper didn't wait any answer though. She knew exactly what to say next, and it left Allie speechless :

- Because Kelley didn't seem to think that.