41

Maisie was playing on her mother's legs, while the blonde goalkeeper was talking with Hope about their jobs. The dark-haired loved the five years old, and already was her favorite "Auntie". To speak the truth, Hope was the most supportive girl on the team. The others - except from Ali, who obviously was terribly mad at Ash - were okay with it, but no one was getting along like that with Maisie.

So when the little girl was smiling at her, Hope's heart melt a little. Maybe someday... With Carli..., she thought. And it suddenly stroke her : she wanted to stay with the captain forever. Maisie, who was very good observer, caught Hope and Ash's attention :

- Auntie Hope ? she asked innocently.

- Yes sweetie ? Hope answered, taking her hand in hers.

- Are you in love with Auntie Carli ?

Hope nearly chocked in her saliva, which caused her to have a fit of coughing. Ashlyn looked at her daughter in shock, but then her eyes were searching for Hope's. When the tall girl finally stopped coughing, she just looked at Maisie and ignored Ash.

- Are you good in keeping secrets, princess ? Hope asked.

- Yah ! Maisie exclaimed.

This caused both of the grown-ups to laugh their asses off, because Maisie was obviously as perceptive as her mom.

- Auntie Carli and I are together, kid.

Ashlyn wasn't that surprised, after all. She always thought the goalkeeper and the captain were beyond close, connected in their thoughts. She immediately pulled the puzzle's pieces together and smiled : Carli left Brian because she was in love with Hope. Ashlyn smiled, because she knew deep down that they both were perfect for each other.

Maisie seemed thrilled.

- I accept you just the way you are, she said joyfully. And I'll shut my mouth, I promise.

The goalkeeper nodded, while the five-years-old was already paying attention elsewhere - on the TV to be exact. Ashlyn faced her friend and smiled :

- I'm happy for you two, she let out.

- I asked her to come with me in Seattle, Ash. I think she's the one.

Hope took a little break.

- I know she's the one.

***

The wedding was in three days now.

Kelley was up early today. She made up a breakfast in bed for two, and brought it in their hotel room. A blonde was still asleep on the other side of the bed. The light brunette put the plate on a table and went back to bed, going closer to Allie's warm body. Once she felt Kelley's skin on her, Allie wrapped her arms around her.

- Last night was..., Kelley said.

They both didn't need any other word to describe the experiment of each other's skins touching, or the passion they put in their kisses. Kelley wasn't sure what they were, and she was fine with it, as long as Allie didn't run away.

- Yah, Allie let out, still half asleep.

Kelley started to caress her back, before playing with her long blonde hair. There was a knock and the door, and they both sighed. Allie got up first and told her friend to dress up immediately. She totally forgot she had to see Alex today, in order to catch up with her. Kelley put her clothes on and faked reading a boring book, while Allie opened the door. It was Alex, no surprise here. The brunette seemed surprised that Kelley was in her room at 7 AM, because the Georgia girl always oversleeps. Alex frowned, but didn't say anything.

Once inside the room, she looked at Kelley awkwardly waving at the two friends before exciting the room in a rush. Alex raised a eyebrow at Allie, who immediately spoke up :

- She had nightmares, and I was the only one awake.

Alex nodded, not convinced about that argument. But she wasn't in the mood to put on a fight with her friend, because she knew Allie was a very impulsive and introvert person. She would've denied everything.

- I needed to speak to you, Alex said, not sure whether she really wanted to speak her thoughts after all.

- I'm here, Allie answered.

- It's about Kelley.

The midfielder immediately tensed up. She couldn't admit that she had feelings for Kelley, not now. It was way too soon. Even though Tobin and Alex were her best friends, she couldn't take the risk to expose herself. Besides, her and Kelley both didn't know what they were.

Allie raised an eyebrow as an answer.

- We think she's seeing someone, Alex explained. But she doesn't seem blossomed in her relationship, like if the person she's with is odd. Did she talk about it to you ?

- No, Allie let out, thoughtful.

- Well then, we need to figure out who that person is, the forward went on. Are you in ? Tobs, Ash, Ali and Whit are in already.

Oh my God don't freak out, Allie thought. She knew that if she wanted whatever there was between Kelley and her remaining a secret, she had to make up lies and stay away from the light brunette, because she couldn't risk to me caught watching her intensively or being touchy. Alex wasn't a quitter, tho, so it'll be difficult to discourage her from executing her plan.

She didn't want to be suspect.

- Yah, sure, I want her to be happy, Allie said in a low voice.

- You okay ?

- Yes, why ?

Shit.

- I don't know, I've got a weird feeling about all that. It's like if you're hiding something from me.

Praying that Alex didn't make the connection between her weird behavior and Kelley's love life, Allie raised an eyebrow.

- I swear I'm fine.

- You know you can tell me everything, right ? Alex asked, wanting to make sure about that.

- Yeah, Lex.

Alex pulled her into a big hug.