19

Today was Sunday.

That also was the only day in three weeks when the families were allowed to come in the training camp location to pay a visit. When she saw her mother and her brother Kyle waiting for her in the dining room, Ali ran straight in their arms. Ashlyn, who was just next to her, went to greet them. Her own mother couldn't make it because of her job, so she was alone today. Ali's mom hugged the goalie very tight, while Kyle was staring at them with a big smile. When she let her go, she winked at her, and Ash smiled.

All three of Tobin's siblings were here, along with her and Allie's parents, who were getting along very well, since they've known each other for years now, thanks to the two girls. Alex was spending her day with Servando to tie up loose ends with their divorce. Allie was kinda relieved, because she hasn't talked to either Alex or Kelley, and they both weren't there, since Kelley was spending her time with her brother Jerry, who she hadn't seen in ages.

On the other side of the room, Pinoe and her fiancé Sera were chatting about whether they should adopt another dog or not. Also in the "couple spot", as they all were calling it, Carli seemed to be in a deep conversation with her boyfriend Brian, while Julie and Zach were holding hands, happier than ever. Christen fixed them with an angry stare from the table she was sharing with one of her brothers, who was working nearby.

Hope, who was sitting with both of her parents and her brother Marcus, couldn't help but stare at Carli with anger.

- What's up with you and Carlos ? Marcus asked, concerned.

The goalie looked at him with a straight face, trying to hide her anger.

- Don't call her that, it's ugly, she finally said, posting her eyes on her hands.

She was suddenly feeling nervous, and she knew that Marcus wasn't gonna let his questions go like that. So he went on :

- Anyway, you didn't answer my questions, you silly sis of mine.

- We've had a little fight several day ago or so, you know, girls fights, Hope said with a confident tone. And it's none of your business.

- So it has nothing to do with her dating Brian ?

- Of course not ! What would I be ? Jealous ? I'm not gay I remind you, Hope said, a strange feeling in her stomach.

- You don't need to be gay to fall in love with a girl, Hope, Marcus went on, a sweet expression on his face.

Surprised by her brother forwardness, Hope remained silent. She could've lied all she wanted, he suspected her to hide the truth from him and from the rest of the world. Instead of insisting, her took her sisters hand and squeezed it.

She finally told him that he was right, but also that Carli was aware and wasn't feeling the same way towards her. She was sticking with her fiancé.

Suddenly, out o nowhere, Brian began to yell at Carli. He than stood up abruptly, turning around to walk straight at Hope. She stood up as well, feeling an anger she's never felt before growing in her : she didn't like anybody yelling at Carli. Brian knocked her down a little bit, his eyes filled with anger and malice. Carli was following him, trying to calm him down, but there was nothing she could do. Ashlyn joined Hope's side, ready to act whenever the things were getting violent. The blonde wasn't worried about Brian ; Hope would be the one to kick his ass.

Brian pointed at the tall goalkeeper with wickedness.

- You made this mess, right ? he yelled.

- Made what ? Brian, I think there's a misunderstanding here.

- She just broke up with me ! Brian exclaimed. She told me we were over ! I bet it's because of your fucking lesbianism, you monster !

- Brian, she didn't do a thing, Carli intervened, crashing between the two.

Her ex-fiancé ignored her, his attention focused on Hope.

- You don't deserve her, you know that ? he said angrily. She's a hundred times better than you are ! She's too good for you. You'll just give her pain and violence, you psycho ! You'll never have her, never !

- Shut up, Ashlyn snapped, out of her mind.

- Get out of here before getting your ass kicked, Alyssa added.

Brian tried to reach Hope, pushing Carli aside. But Ash was here to intercept his fist before he hit Hope's face. She then punshed him right in the nose. Brian grumbled in pain, holding his nose between his shaking hands. Lindsey grabbed Carli's arms, taking her out of the general mess. Sam and Becky, along with HAO, did the same with Hope. Brian got up, angrier than ever, but Ashlyn was right here to remind him not to attack one of her teammates. He took several steps back, his eyes doing back and forth between Hope, Ashlyn and Carli.

Zach put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. Brian followed him and Julie outside. He didn't even bother looking at her ex-fiancée, who was a little bit shaken up. Lindsey was still holding her, while Becky was asking her how she was. Hope passed a hand on her face before going back to her seat with her brother. Ashlyn followed her, asking about how she was feeling. Hope thanked her for her loyalty, and she went back at the Kriegers table. Carli excited the room, followed by Samantha and Whitney.

Marcus took his sisters hand, a little smile on his face.

- It's gonna be okay, Hopey, he calmly said.

He then winked at her.

- Besides, you've got the best teammates in the world, he added.

- I know, Hope said, truly grateful.

- Great. Good for you. Now go and get your girl !