43

Christen and Julie were lying on a bed next to each other, naked.

After the messed-up wedding ceremony, they took Christen's car and made a ride up to some kind of cliff. They then sat down for hours, just talking about their feelings, and how things would eventually get complicated because of their families and teammates. Because now, everybody knew about them, even the press. They've come out to the whole world. The Johnstons were angry at their daughter, whereas Christen's mom tried to call her fifty times at least. Same thing for their teammates, who were claiming to be worried about them.

Christen was caressing Julie's back, looking at her in awe. When JJ looked up at her, she blushed and smiled.

- What ? she asked.

- I can't believe you're finally mine, Christen whispered. Do you regret yesterday ?

The defender seemed to think for a second. Of course deceiving her family wasn't her biggest pride, but she couldn't fight her feelings towards Christen anymore. When they ran away together yesterday, and when she screamed Christen's name during the night, God didn't strike her down. She was allowed to be in love with a strong, beautiful and fierce woman. If God accepted her the way she really was, then nothing else really mattered. She knew her sister Melanie was open-minded, to she'd call her later on.

Concerning the team, she knew nobody was gonna judge her for loving Christen. Maybe Carli will just make sure it doesn't affect the team.

- I love you, Julie answered. Always have, and always will. I can't get you out of my head, Chris. Everytime I laid eyes on you, I wanted to take your hand and offer you the world on a plate. Strangely, I've never been so sure about anything in my life.

She took a little break, while Christen's eyes were getting wet. She's been longing to hear those words from the mouth of the girl she's wanted for what it seemed like an eternity.

- I didn't really believe in soulmates until I met you, JJ went on, posing her hand on Christen's neck. When we kissed, I had the impression that I belong with you.

- You do, Christen said, planting a small peck on her lips. What you did back there means the world to me. You gave up everything for me : your fear for the faith, your family, and even your job is on the line... For me. I can't give you a real proof right now, but I want you to know that I mean it. I've never been in a real relationship with anyone before. I am scared of commitment, or at least I was. I wanna be with you forever, Jules.

Julie's eyes went wide. It was worth giving up everything, she thought.

- I love you with all my soul.

Christen's world warmed Julie's heart. The blonde wrapped an arm around the brunette's neck, and pulled her closer. They kissed like if they haven't done it before, with passion and confidence. Julie then rested her head on Christen's chest.

They both knew then that they had to come back to reality.

***

Group Chat : USWNT bitches

Julie : You guys, I wanted to apologize. Not for running away with the love of my life, because I won't ever apologize for following my heart, but for the harm we have done to the team. Christen and I both wanted y'all to know that we are deeply sorry for causing trouble. We talked with Jill earlier, and she gave us her approbation for us to tell you this : we are together now, and coming back on the team tomorrow. If anyone has got a problem with that, then please tell us, and we won't come back. This team means the world to us, and also every single one of you is important. Please just know we love you.

Pinoe : OMG MY OTP IS REAL ! BEST. FUCKING. DAY. EVER.

Carlos : As long as it doesn't affect the way you two play, I'm fine with it. I'm very happy for you two, and wish you the best.

Whit : Thanks for the message. I want you two to know that it doesn't bother me at all. Congratulations to you, guys. We love you just the way you are.

Kels : Damn, about freaking time you two are together. I hate you.

Alex : We're family. A family always is supportive. We know it's a rough time for you two, and you can count on us to get through this.

Tobs : YAS.

Kels : I meant what I said.

Hopey : Like Carli said.

HAO : Harli shit right here.

Hopey : The fuck ?

Ash : Come back soon guys. Love ya. (Ash, Ali and the Rookies)

Moe : Presston fans are loosing it right now. Like, woah, look at Twitter !

Kling : Ah, kids and their technology....

Moe : Sorry grandma.

Allie : Guys, it's 2 AM. I love you. Let me sleep now.

Pressy : Thanks guys, your support means the world. Don't worry Car, it won't affect anything. Love y'all, sleep tight.

Christen let go of her phone and hugged Julie tighter than ever.

- We're going home, babe, she whispered in her ear.