24

The "mountain crew" came back around eight PM, all exhausted by their walk. They heard screams of joy coming from the eating room and went to see what was up. 

They found their eight missing teammates and their head coach playing the best Monopoly game of their lives. They customized it, changed some rules to make it more entertaining. The whole team gathered around the table, as Carli and Julie were killing it, leaving Whitney and Ash in shock. Ali didn't understand anything in the new rules, while Sammy, HAO and Kelley were laughing their asses off. 

Hope sat on a corner, her eyes wouldn't leave Carli's neck. She thought about her all day, unable to get her out of her mind. She's been in love with the girl for so long that she was used to being pushed away. But the truth was that she wanted to believe that Carli was just afraid, and that she would be hers one day. For now, she was just trying to convince herself that she wasn't that so love with her than it seemed, and that she had to back up if she didn't want their friendship end up as Julie and Christen's did. 

Speaking of which, the green-eyed girl was quietly standing next to HAO, a fake smile on her lips, trying her best to ignore Julie, who was staring at her for a while. When she finally looked down at her, the defender quickly turned her head. 

Alyssa joined Hope's side.

- You okay, mate ? she asked, a sincere look on her eyes. 

- Yeah, I'm good, what about you ? 

- Same. 

They stood several minutes in an awkward silence. Alyssa knew Hope wasn't in high spirits. But on the other hand, she didn't know what to say. Like nearly all of her other teammates, she knew Hope looked at Carli with loving eyes. It was so obvious that even Jill asked her if there was something going on between those two. But Alyssa had to tell her that the feelings weren't mutual. Hope was feeling a little bit out of place, so she decided to go find Allie. The blonde midfielder was sitting between her two best friend, calm as she always was. Hope put a hand on her shoulder. She wasn't used to ask for help, but she just needed to let go of her thoughts. Allie understood immediately and followed the tall goalkeeper in their room. 

Hope sat on her bed, her hands on her face. Allie, who wasn't a hugger or a touchy person, just sat on the floor in front of her, waiting for her to be ready. After several seconds, Hope told her the truth about her feeling towards Carli, and how the captain didn't love her back. Allie listened carefully, preparing a little speech on her mind. But the truth was that she was kinda angry at Carli. 

She decided to tell her about Jerramy coming to talk to Carli the other day. Hope's eyes went wide. She then looked at the sky. 

- He told her the truth, she whispered, more to herself than for Allie. I'm so screwed. She'll hate me forever. 

- Don't you even think that... I dunno, maybe she might like you back but won't admit it ? Allie asked. 

- No, she told me in the face that she was straight and in love with her... Brian, Hope painfully said. Why'd she lie ? 

- Well, the hearts wants what the heart wants, right ? the blonde said thoughtfully. 

- Why do I feel like you're talking about you and Kelley right now ? Hope teased, a smirking face on. 

She's never seen Allie blush before, and it was very obvious that she said something true for once. The midfielder looked at her shyly, avoiding any direct eye contact. This caused Hope to burst out laughing, while Allie's face was becoming even redder. 

- N-no, I don't know what you're talking about, Allie said. Besides, we're here to talk about Carli, aren't we ? 

- Right, Hope said with a big smile on her face. 

***

Kelley was suddenly feeling dizzy. 

She went on her and Christen's room to have a little beak from  the noise and everything. She lied there in silence, staring at the ceiling. She felt her skin burn ; she was running a fever, that was for sure. Cursing herself for not putting clothes warm enough on during training, she let a long sigh out of her throat. 

Christen came into the room, followed by Allie ("awesome!", Kelley thought) and Alex. They all looked at her in shock. 

- God, Kels, you're hot ! The dark-haired girl said. 

- I know, Kelley said in a playful voice. 

- Gross, Christen said, before adding : Imma go look for some medication. Alex, you coming ? 

- Yeah, Alex replied. 

Suddenly, the two girls were facing each other. 

Kelley knew lying to Allie about their kiss wasn't the best idea ever. Of course she remember the pressure of her lips on hers, and also her skin burning under her touch. But there was more to that : it was the feelings that she felt during they kissed. It was so strong, like she's never felt before. And now, every time she was seing the midfielder, even though she wasn't just next to her, she was feeling the urge to kiss her. So when Alex and Christen left the room, being alone with Allie made her feel very nervous. 

The blonde sat up on Kelley's bed, putting her hand on the girl's forehead to check her temp. She then took a cover and put it on her friend's shaking body. Allie went then on the bathroom, wetting a cloth to then put it on her burning forehead. Kelley stared at her without moving, her attention obsessed with Allie's beauty. When the blonde touched her arm with her hand by accident, Kelley felt shivers in her whole back. She hoped it was because of her sickness, otherwise things would've become awkward between them. 

She couldn't help but hold Allie's hand in hers. The blonde looked at her, surprise in her eyes. Kelley didn't know what was happening. Their faces were getting closer, as Allie was leaning in slowly, her eyes making back and forth between Kelley's eyes and mouth. She removed the cloth from Kelley's face, in order to caress her forehead. 

Realizing what was going on, Allie stopped her move and got up very fast. She put the cloth back on Kelley's forehead, blushing. 

- Uhm, Imma go now..., she said in a very low voice, before leaving the room.