33

Today, the team was playing a friendly match against England. Even though it was supposed to be friendly, everybody knew it was going to be a big competition. Ever since Hinkle, who used to play for the USA before an huge fight with some of the girls - joined the British team, the atmosphere was tense up.

The team wasn't in beast mode, like, not at all. Ash and Ali didn't talk to each other, and were just sitting on the bench far from each other, whereas Alex and Tobin seemed to be angry at each other as well. Hope was on the goal, as usual, and the other starting were Becky, JJ, Whit, Kling, Allie, Lindsey, Tobin, Kelley, Christen and Alex. The atmosphere was electric. The first half began, and not one single goal was concealed by any of the two teams. Hope came up with amazing saves, whereas the attack was struggling to go through the British's defense. In the locker room, Jill yelled at the team, because they weren't focused enough.

During second half, Carli came on the field, taking Lindsey's spot. They immediately played better, and Christen scored in the 56th minute, with an assist from Allie. The English team was very physical. In a particular moment, Hinkle, who had possession of the ball, ran right at Kelley. The brunette stepped on her way. Hinkle should've stopped, but didn't, convinced that she could get through Kelley's defense. They collapsed, and Hope got herself into the mix. Kelley was pushed harshly on the floor, her head hitting the ground. Hinkle, while getting up, stepped on Hope's hand. The goalkeeper screamed out of pain, and the ref whistled.

The first one to rush in the mess was Allie. While Kelley was visibly going through a lot of pain, the blonde midfielder aggressively pushed Hinkle away, standing out in front of her. She seemed extremely mad.

- What the fuck, Hinkle ? she yelled.

Some other girls arrived, and JJ knelled near Kelley to check on her, while Carli was talking to Hope with a composure only her was capable of. Hinkle threw a death glare at Allie, before taking a step forward.

- You've got a problem, bitch ? she asked angrily.

- Yah, now that you mentioned it, I have one, Allie replied.

She then punched Hinkle on the face. They all heard a bone crack, before blood was coming out of the girl's nose. Hinkle theatrically fell on the ground, screaming as well. Christen caught both of Allie's arms, in order to pull her behind. The blonde, on the other hand, was a real fury, murderous eyes on Hinkle.

- Don't touch my girl again, Allie yelled.

The medical team arrived on the field, and Jill called Allie. She told her that it was enough for today, and Allie went and sat on te bench, worrying about Kelley. She had her eyes on the group of people around Kelley, hoping for the best. But the medical team called for a concussion, and Hope's hand was broken. Jill called Ashlyn, who was the substitute for today's game. The blonde, more than happy to go away from the bench where Ali was sitting, ran on the field. Carli and one guy of the medical staff escorted Hope to the sidelines, so that she was getting closely examined. On the British side, Hinkle was still complaining about Allie, and her teammates were telling her to back up.

The ambulance came several minutes later, and Kelley was taken away. Allie asked Jill for permission to go with her, and she said yes. Allie stepped on the ambulance, where both Hope and Kelley were being examined. Carli wasn't here, because she had to be the captain of the team and not leave the field.

Allie stepped on Kelley's side, observing the girl. She had her eyes closed, so Allie took her hand softly, looking at her with worry on her eyes. Kelley finally opened her eyes and smile at the sight that she had right now.

- Your girl, uhn ? she said, smirking.

- You're unbelievable, Allie let out, sighing.

She was relieved that Kelley was okay, although she felt her cheeks becoming redder because of Kelley's touch. She looked at Hope, who was in deep conversation with the medical team. It didn't look good at all.

***

Ashlyn slid the letter under Ali's door, and went in Hope and Allie's room for the night, since they were both absent tonight. The team was going to pay the goalkeeper and Kelley a visit first thing in the morning, and also tell them that they won the game against England. Ali, who was sitting on her bed, waited that the sound of the footsteps would stop before go and get the letter. She opened it, aware that it was from Ash.

She then began to cry.

Baby girl, I'm sorry.

I know you're hurt. I lied to you. I didn't tell you everything about me and my past. I just want you to know that it doesn't change the way that I love you. You deserve to know the truth, and since it is so hard to talk about it with you eyes locked on me, I wanted to write a letter to you.

Maisie was born five years ago. Nine months before that, I was in a very bad place. I don't know if you remember, but it was when I was in a very bad place because of a ton of stuff, and that my life wasn't easy because of my family. That night of January 2011, the New Year just rang on the streets when that guy approached me. I was drunk, way out of line. We slept together that night, and since he didn't have a condom and I was too drunk to care, I got pregnant.

When I acknowledged it, I had a choice to make : should I have an abortion and kill the baby who was growing inside of me, or keep on fighting for her and miss 9 months of soccer ? I told my brother Chris, and he told me I had to listen to my heart, so I keep my baby. When Maisie was born and I saw she looked just like me, I was relieved to have made that decision. Her father didn't want any child ; besides, he now lives in Australia, which is very far away.

When I made up with my mom, she told me she could take care of Maisie. The only people who know about her are my mom, bro, Whitney and you. And I want it to stay that way for now.

I'm sorry I never told you about Maisie. I understand if you hate me for that. But one day, if you still want me to be your girlfriend, I want you to meet her. Because she's a part of me, just like you are as well.

I love you Ali. Don't ever forger that.

Ash.

Ali was crying all the tears in her body. Ashlyn lied to her ever since they met in 2013. Three years. She pretended to be somebody else for three years. She fell in love with someone who hid from her the most important thing in her life.

Ali didn't know if she was able to forgive her one day. She folded the letter and put it at the bottom of the drawer.