Past

You are Mee-Cha...

Mee-Cha's POV-

After a week exams began, they were two weeks and then it's the end of school. Forever. I found it pretty scary but Jimin and Taehyung seemed completely fine.

"Mee?" Taehyung whined from his bed.
"What? I'm studying." I replied not looking up from my papers and books.
"You study too much." He groaned but I just shrugged.
"You don't study enough." I informed him while clicking my pen up and down.

"Do you want any lunch?" Jin asked later as he walked into my room.
"Ani, I need to finish this chapter." I explained as I looked over the maths textbook.
"You study too much."
"You guys say that too much." I giggled.
"Why don't you just have some fun before your exams?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Last chapter, then we're going out." He said before walking out and I sighed, he's like our mom.

I finished the chapter like I promised then walked out of my room.
"Yay! You're done!" Jimin announced as I entered the kitchen, he have me a hug and I yawned as he held me.
"Look what you've done, you're all tired." He said as he poked my nose making me smile.
"I'm okay."

"Nuna, are you ready?" Jungkook asked as I sorted out my hair.
"Ne." I replied as I pulled on my shoes. "Where are we going?" I asked once I got them on.
"Secret." He replied as he left the room.

They didn't tell me where we were heading until we were there.
"Here!" Taehyung shouted as we travelled around the corner and ended up at a animal rescue place.
"Oh my god! But what are we doing?" I asked Jin.
"I signed us up to volunteer." He replied with a smile and I got extremely excited as I love animals and everything about this was perfect.
"Gomawo oppa!" I said as I hugged him and then ran ahead with Taehyung.

We entered the main office and there were already cute things everywhere. The whole trip consisted of me almost crying over how cute everything was.
"Having fun, agassi?" Namjoon asked as I played with a puppy, I frantically nodded in response and he laughed.
"You're so cute." He chuckled as I continued to pet the dog.
"Shut up." I giggled.

"Agassi, we have to go." Suga whined almost an hour later.
"Fine." I said sadly and slowly followed them out of the building.
"That was so fun!" I squealed to Hobi as we got home.
"I'm glad you liked it." He chuckled at my enthusiasm.

I started to study again once I got into my room.
"Come on!" Jimin groaned.
"What? We have exams tomorrow." I informed an he rolled his eyes.
"I'm just gonna wing it." He shrugged.
"You'll fail then." I replied and went back to my studying.

"Namjoon! Can you come here please?!" I shouted out of my room and I heard him walking down the corridor.
"I don't understand this, can you help?" I asked pointing at the pages of my maths book.
"I'll try." He replied as he kneeled next to me.

He explained the problems with ease.
"Do you want to do one more?" He asked turning the page to more examples.
"Ani, I think I understand now. Kamsahamnida oppa." I replied closing the book.

"Does that mean you're done for today?" He quizzed hopefully and I nodded.
"Yay! Come and sit with us." He requested.

I followed him out to the garden where everyone was sitting down on the floor.
"Agassi!" Taehyung screamed as I walked out.
"Annyeong." I greeted and sat down next to them.

We talked and I at some point got wrapped up in a blanket with Jin. He fell asleep on me making me laugh at his sleeping face.
"Help." I wheezed as he started putting all his weight on me, they laughed as I woke him up.

"Hello." I said waving in his face as he opened his eyes.
"Huh, what happened?" He asked, sitting up properly
"You fell asleep, pabo." I informed.
"Oh. It's cold, let's go inside." He suggested, we all nodded and followed him into the house.

I remembered the present Jackson have me, I searched under my bed and pulled out the box. I realised a note written on the bottom as it was upside-down.

(•••••)(•••••)(•••••)

Sarang-heyo Mee, hope you like it.

(•••••)(•••••)(•••••)

I smiled at the message and began to open it. There was another message that simply said:
"I never forgot you :)"
With a USB stick underneath.

Confused, I pulled out the laptop and plugged it in. I felt tears immediately in my eyes as I looked at the first image.

It showed a message I had sent him when he first left.

<(Where are you?)
<(Jackson?)

At the bottom were messages he wrote back but never sent.

(I'm so sorry.)

As I kept sobbing through the screenshot, things got more serious.

<(Jackson, please come back.)

(I can't.)

<(Just answer me! I miss you!)

(I miss you too.)

<(Are you okay?)

(No. I want to see you.)

<(OMG I hate you, why won't you answer me! I knew you never cared!)

(I care about you more than anything.)

I remembered sending the messages and in hysterical tears, he was the first friend I ever had and he meant everything to me in that point in my life.

The last image made me gasp as I read as I remembered reading and then read what he replied.

<(I'm done with this, I can't do it. My life has gone wrong since you left, I don't care about anything anymore.
If you don't talk to me I might do something I regret, so please. I want to live Jackson, but I can't.)

(Mee-Cha. I can't, I promise you I'll come back at some point, I'll explain everything, just don't hurt yourself. I can't stand the thought of that. Work with me here, it's hell being away from you and I can't stand it forever. You're the best friend I've ever had and the best person I've ever met, this world needs you. If only you could see this message.)

I remembered my attempt, it was a few hours after I sent that message that I ended up trying to kill myself by cutting my wrist. Luckily, I wussed out halfway and didn't cut deep enough for it to be lethal. Learning he cared warmed my heart but also made me curious about what happened to him.

---------------------------------------------

Author's notes:

Hi! Thanks for reading, please vote and comment! I am excepting requests for this story so leave those along with your improvements in the comments or message me. Hope you like the story!

- bts_please