⊱Chapter 1 - part two 🗡 Summoning⊰

Part two of chapter one! XD hope you guys like the changes I have made.

________________________________________________________________

The King's messenger happened to have caught me in the middle of my sparring match with Jake. If the King sent his messenger you better listen otherwise you were in deep trouble. I felt the wrath a time or two. "My liege the King requests an audience with the Blade's Apprentice Avian." The messenger announced as he bowed to us.

Dropping my stance from mid attack I take a minute to wipe sweat off my brow while catching my breath. "Tell him I'm on my way." I respond soon after. The messenger bowed once and left. Picking up my discarded weapons that lay on the ground I head for the throne room inside the castle.

Knights that watched me leave nodded in respect as I passed by, nodding in return. One group were openly ogling me with mouths open. I'm pretty sure a few of them were drooling as well. "You guys are likely to catch flies if you keep your mouth open for any longer." I call out as I smirk at them. Thankfully they all close their mouths while looking away in embarrassment from being caught.

Upon entering the throne room I notice two unknown men standing to the King's left while his son the prince sat on his right. Not giving them a single thought I stand in front of the King and bow. "Your Majesty sent for me."

The King slightly leaned forward on his throne as he spoke to me, "Yes my dear. How is one of my apprentices doing today?" The prince seemingly disinterested as his gaze wandered around the room.

Lowering my head I answer him in a soft spoken tone, "I am well, thank you your Majesty." One hand on my sword while the other dangled by my side as I stood at attention.

The King smiled with an evil glint gleaming in his eye, his typical look when he had a plan he wanted to enact. "I have called you here my dear because I have come to the decision that..........."

The King didn't get to finish his sentence for my sister chose to come through the door at that moment in her hunting attire instead of her sparring attire. "Sorry I am late your Majesty." She states out of breath. "My lesson finished up late." She bowed before coming to stand beside me.

The King glanced between the two of us as did the two men and the prince. "As I was saying. I have come to the decision that Avian shall be the next Blade to the King."

This news shocked me but it seemed to have shocked Olivianna more. "Bu-bu-but your Majesty, with all due respect I am the eldest and my skills are far more superior to hers. Avian has done nothing but miss her lessons. In fact she is a spoiled little brat who cares nothing for others. She is unfit to be the next King's Blade if I do say so myself." Olivianna lied. Lifting her nose in the air as she huffed her annoyance.

Olivianna opened her mouth to continue when the King stood up from his throne, "Silence! My judgment is final! I know for a fact that it has been you who has been missing lessons for weeks now. So don't test me when I say that I believe that your sister's skills are far more superior to yours. Do not even try to deceive me Olivianna for I know the truth. You stupid insignificant sniveling sad excuse for an apprentice little girl."

"Ye-yes your Majesty." Olivianna whined with a quiver in her lip. She hated it when someone caught her in a lie.

"Now back to business. Your Birthday is tomorrow Avian and for your gift I am giving you the gift of choice. I want to bring two other kingdoms closer to mine through marriage." The King smiled with a hint of amusement. No doubt he was thinking about the turmoil he was starting to cause me.