⊱Chapter 4 🗡Birthday Bash⊰

YAY! Part three! Remember not all of my chapters are edited. If you read on and become confused about a certain details not to worry. Edited versions of my other chapters will be posted at a later date and hopefully clears up any confusion. Now onto the last part of the new edited chapter!

_______________________________________________________________

In a matter of moments I became surrounded by my "extended" family each with a gift in their arms. "Mine first!" Uncle Destan announced as he thrust his present into my arms. His present turned out to be a sword of the likes of which I have never seen before.

The blade was thin and curved slightly with a dragon design on it. The sword balanced perfectly in my hand and was surprisingly light. "It is called a Katana. I picked it up on my travels. A special group of people called Samurai use them, they are one of the most honor bound warriors I have ever met in my travels."

Fingering the diamond shapes on the handle I grin at my uncle. "Thank you uncle this means a lot to me." I sheathed the sword when he smiled broadly.

After he gave me a hug he stepped back letting another person put their present in my hands. "It is hair decorations that are actually lock picks. You know just in case you get caught at some point in your career." Aunt Radina stated while winking at me.

I laughed at her teasing, "Are you doubting my abilities Aunty?"

She put a hand to her chest, faking shock, "Never. Why would you accuse me of such a thing?" Everyone laughing at the light bantering between us. Thanking her for the gift I kiss her cheek lightly.

"Here Avi." Jake said as he put a bundle of arrows in my hands. "I made them myself." Jake stated proudly.

I touched one of the feathers at the end of one of the shafts. "Jake are these.....?"

"Loughain feathers. Yep." Jake cut me off.

"How did you get these?" Completely shocked I fingered the delicate feathers. Loughain were rare mystical birds, it is said arrows fitted with their feathers took on magical properties. Never missing their mark.

"I never give away my secrets. Plus it was easy as pie." He joked making me laugh at his antics.

"These are wonderful. Thank you Jake." He gave me a beaming smile when he saw the delight his gift brought me.

"As exciting as loughain feather arrows are I still prefer my gift for you." Uncle Harvain boasted. "Here kiddo, brand new top quality throwing knives." He handed me the thinnest blades I have ever laid eyes on. Taking one from my Uncle's hand I tossed it around. Easily catching it.

With a swift flick of my wrist I sent a single knife across the room to where it buried itself deep within the wall. "Not bad Uncle. These must be some of the finest knives I have ever seen crafted." He gave the group an I told you so smirk as he handed over the rest of the weapons to me.

"Harvain, dear, my gift for Avian can be just as good. A woman has a harder time hiding weapons on her person than men do." Aunt Lilith gabbed as she reached into her corset vest producing three small ultra-thin knives. "That is why I recommend these. These my dear are corset knives. You can hide them in pockets or the lining in your corset. No man will ever think to look there. So when they think they have all of your weapons, you can have your assailants killed before they ever see it coming." She explained while putting the three knives in the palm of my hand.

"How clever. Thank you Aunty Lilith."

"Here dear little sister to keep you warm on those chilly nights." Olivianna handed me a bundle. When I opened it something soft touched my hand. Inside of the bundle were three beautiful cloaks. One black, one white and one cobalt blue. The material was soft, but sturdy and strong.