⊱Chapter 5 - part one 🗡Introducing Magic⊰

Hey guys! So I finally edited the next chapter! Hopefully you enjoy it. There have been some major changes from the original draft. Let me know what you think. Now onto the next chapter of Hidden Kingdom! 

____________________________________________________________________

Where am I? This isn't like my regular dreams. I stood by a clear glass lake. Surrounding me were trees so green they gleamed like emeralds. Further away stood mountains capped in snow glistening in the daylight.

This place feels familiar. As if I had been here before but couldn't remember when. In the sky flew a large bird. It circled over the lake several times but as I paid closer attention I realized that the thing in the air was too big to be a bird.

From above a loud roar resounded in the sky. The creature dipped and flew straight as an arrow heading towards me. I tried to move but I couldn't. The air vibrated as the creature came closer. It unfurled its wings landing lightly a few feet from me.

Not possible! The creature was a dragon! But how can that be? No one has seen a dragon for almost two decades. The dragon looked at me warily as it tucked in its wings. Opening its maw letting out a torrent of violet flames. I put my arms in front of me protectively, I never felt the heat of the fire that the dragon had created.

Peeking up I see the dragon eyeing me. "Avian" a whisper drifted through the air. I glanced around but the clearing was devoid of life except for me and the dragon. Not completely trusting the scaly serpent, I pulled out one of my knives just in case the dragon the dragon decided to attack.

But it only gave me a sad expression as it laid its head down at me feet. Here came my chance to kill the beast. I raised my knife prepared to strike. "Avian" came a sad whisper. I hesitated. That whisper stopped me from probably making a huge mistake. I couldn't kill an innocent dragon. It wasn't right. Besides I felt a connection I couldn't explain to this particular dragon. I put my knife away and held out my hand instead.

It lifted its head, putting its nose in my hand. The scales were silky smooth, warm and soft yet tough. I noticed they were a light purple but continued to shift into different colors. How peculiar. Feeling braver I walked up to the base of its neck and hugged the huge creature.

Instead of freaking out it created a funny noise at the base of its throat. Sort of like a cats purr. I laughed in delight, at the sound of my laugh the dragon craned its long neck, nuzzling my back with its huge head. Taking care as to not hurt me with the sharp spikes atop its head.

I don't know how but I already felt protective of this dragon. I would kill anyone before they hurt my dragon. Bonding with this dragon and claiming it as my own.

Pulling back from my dragon I look into its eyes. I smiled, I finally felt complete like that missing part of me was finally filled. The moment was short lived as a sharp pain filled me causing me to gasp out loud. A panic look filling the eyes of my dragon. "Find Me!" was the last thing I heard. As another wave of pain took me from my dreams.

#

Awaking with a gasp as a light pain throbbed deep in my abdomen. After another minute it finally dulled and faded away. Glancing out the window across the room to judge what time of day it was panic filled my being.

Crap! I am seriously late for my lesson today. Jumping out of bed I quickly get ready, then grab all of my weapons. You never know what might be needed during a lesson with father. Better to be safe than sorry.

When I came to the training fields I could see my father already immersed in his lesson with my sister. But what surprised me was that Dax and Bao were lined up along aside her, both paying very close attention to my father's instructions. As I took a step toward my father I became surrounded immediately with the King's young Knights.