⊱Chapter 25 🗡Dragon Bonding⊰

Heyo!!!!!! This is the last of today's updates. I hope you enjoy it!!! Let me know if you have any questions. Now onto the chapter!!!

--------------------------------------------------

A deep sound I have never heard before emitted into the air. Lowering my arms the rest of the way I came to understand that it was my dragon that was making the weird noise. It was a cross between a gagging and a chuffing, amusement danced in its eyes as its lips curled up over its teeth as if it were smiling. My dragon was laughing at me! It made the sound again before it seemed to calm down.

Relatively calm the dragon lifted its wings off its back to spread them out as the circle of fire widening to accommodate the wing span of the dragon. The iridescent purple dragon lifted it muzzle spitting out a stream of boiling water. The water swirling and joining the fire swirling around us.

As if suddenly remembering what happened in my dream my hands rose up of their own accord. Twirling them in a circle motion, wind swirled along joining the forming vortex. Then slamming my palms onto the ground at my feet. The earth rumbled as the magic singing in my core persuaded the earth to follow my whims. Clutching my fists the earth particles around us shifted, rising into the air, joining the dance of the other elements.

Rising to my feet I face the dragon intently staring into my soul, four of the five elements dancing around us.

My dragon lifted its wings one more time as I held my palms out. White mist swirling around us as we manipulated the last and final element together.

Folding its wings after the last element stabilized, it then lowered its head. Hesitating I lift one of my hands placing it on its forehead.

Feeling the smooth hardened scales beneath my palm. What felt like energy traveled through my arm from my dragon and into my soul. The feeling wasn't painful in the slightest in fact it was rather pleasant, but I was slightly terrified as I felt my mind being stretched and joined with another being.

I let out a squeak of fright as I heard a voice whisper, "Avian. Finally." Ending with a slight sigh. Removing my hand from my dragon to look around the area. The vortex had collapsed soon after I touched the dragon before me, but my dragon and I were the only ones around. If you didn't count Zimra grazing over in the small clearing a little bit further away. "Avian." The feminine voice whispered again.

My eyes widened as I turned my attention back towards my dragon. "Are you the one talking to me?"

My dragon made the same noise from earlier as it gazed at me with amusement, "Of course dear one. I can communicate with you through thoughts. As our minds and souls are joined. We are of one entity. My name is Serina, I am your dragon and you, little one, are my rider." Her voice whispered through my mind as light as a dancing wind and as soft as the touch of a feather.

I was still in shock from the revelation of hearing my dragon speak through my mind. "I can't believe I can communicate with you telepathically. It seems unreal." The words come spilling out.

"I understand that it can be quite the shock. There is a stable link established between us, as we are two halves of the same whole. Complementing each other perfectly. Where one is weak the other is strong. Now climb aboard. I will tell you more at a later time. As of right now we are not fully bonded but that is quickly remedied with our first flight. Our first flight together seals our bond permanently. Then we will be completely whole as one." Serina explained as she crouched down with her head lowered so I could climb onto her back without much trouble.

Walking around her massive form I reach up to clutch one of the many spikes along her spine. Using her front leg as a makeshift stool I heave myself up onto her back. Sliding down between the junction of her shoulder blades where there is a slightly larger than normal gap between the spikes. My legs on either side, sitting as though in a saddle.