⊱Chapter 11 🗡Death within Life⊰

Hello again :D I hope you enjoyed the previous chapter. Let me know if there are changes that will help in the editing process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dax stepped forward unexpectedly, "If I may. Could we try placing a pillow underneath her hips to flatten them out a bit more? Then the child would naturally come unstuck without being hurt." Dumbfounded at his advice we stood there gaping at him like fish out of water. Nevertheless we followed his advice without protest or complaint.

When we got Olivianna resituated I turned to Dax, "Where did you learn that?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "My mother is a midwife. I used to go with her sometimes up until the age of six. Using a pillow is one of the tricks she uses to help the birth move quicker naturally."

"Well, I am glad you are here." I told him truthfully. Moving further back into the room to get out of father's way as he put a cool cloth on Olivianna's forehead. Carefully observing my sister with scrutiny.

With a sigh I let my gaze drop to the floor. My heart ached with each groan or scream from the intense pain. Each sound slowly growing weaker. If the baby didn't come soon we could end up losing her from weakness.

A warm presence beside me had me glancing up from where my gaze had been. Camron stared at me with concern written all over his face, "Are you alright?"

"My sister is in labor, growing weaker with each passing moment and could die while giving birth. There is also the possibility that we could lose the child as well and I am powerless to do anything. So ya, I am freaking peachy." I snarl, giving him a cold glare. A look of hurt and sadness crossed his features making me instantly regret my harsh words.

Wrapping my arms around him before he could turn away, I bury my head in his chest. "Camron, I am sorry. I didn't mean to lose control of my anger and snap at you. That wasn't fair of me. I am just scared.

Scared of losing my only sister, she was always there for me when we were younger. Although she wasn't always nice growing up, she is still my sister. I briefly knew my mother, since she died when I was quite young. So Olivianna became my mother like figure. What am I going to do if I lose her?" A sob broke through my chest as the tears started to flow.

Once the floodgates had opened there was no stopping them, tears continued to pour down my cheeks as I cried helplessly. Camron tried to rub my back soothing manner as he pulled me deeper into his embrace. Whispering sweet nothings and reassurance into my ears.

As my sobs came under control and turned into little sniffles Camron sighed in relief. "Well I guess there is no help for it. I might as well sacrifice something for the one I love." Jerking my gaze upwards I stare at him feeling confused.

I was about to ask him what he meant when a trickling sensation crawled its way across my body. "Camron, what are you doing?" Gasping at the surprise of the feeling.

"Isn't it obvious? I am giving you as much energy as I can. It isn't a whole lot, mind you. Since it takes a ton of energy to transfer a tiny bit from the giver to the receiver. Don't ask I don't know why that is. But I am able to give you just enough for you to help your sister without you hurting yourself at the same time."

Astounded at his actions I stare into his deep blue eyes, I couldn't help but question him, "Why?"

"Why help you? It is because I love you, Avian. I cannot stand to see you like this. I cannot stand by idly while you are hurting. If you helping your sister makes you happier then I will gladly give you my energy." Awe he loves me.