⊱Chapter 15 🗡Revenge is Sweet⊰

YAY!!!!! This is the last chapter of the triple posting for today. I do hope you enjoy the chapter!!!.

---------------------------------------------------

With a roll of my eyes I make my way towards them. Ignoring all the whistles and cat calls that came my way from the half-drunk men in the room. Which alerted my prey to my presence as dark blue eyes made contact with mine.

Whispering into the ear of the lady sitting on his lap she gave an exasperated huff and stalked off. Stomping to the other side of the room where she started seducing another man. Easily climbing onto the new man's lap and puffing out her chest. What a gross display it was too.

I ignored her as I came to stand before the man who was making a pain of himself. "Jerid I must speak with you."

"What can I do for a pretty lady such as yourself?" He gave his most charming smile that I could easily see through from day one. Why my sister couldn't, I had no idea.

"Not here. Somewhere more private."

"Sure thing. Follow me." He got up from his seat at the table. Eagerly heading towards the Tavern's rooms for customers spending the night.

"No not here. I have somewhere more private that we can talk. Come this way." I grab his arm to stop him from taking a step further. Releasing him just as quickly, I sharply turn in a half circle heading outside to the alleyway.

Jerid grumbling the entire way. A look of disbelief as we slipped into the shaded area of the alley. "Now that you got me here. What is it that you wanted to speak to me about? Pray tell?"

"Olivianna."

"What about her?" He crossed his arms while raising an eyebrow.

"I thought you should know that she is dead."

"Oh? So she kicked the bucket did she? How did she die?" He seemed unaffected by the news that I had delivered to him. Which could easily be an act, but I really doubted that was the case.

"By giving birth to your daughter."

"Oh? So the whore had a child did she?"

The name he had called my sister really started to make me infuriated. Don't lose your temper now Avian, it will only end badly. "Yes, she gave birth to your daughter, who was stillborn."

"How do you know that it was my child? Your sister could have slept with other men besides me."

"I know my sister. You are the only one who had successfully seduced her into bed. It was your child."

"I'm glad the child her poor excuse of a mother died." He sneered at me. Oh no he didn't. Hold onto your temper Avian. Don't let him bait you. Don't fight a lowly man such as him. Stay strong. "I thought you would want to know. I thought you cared about my sister and possibly the child that she carried for you."

"Care about her? All I wanted to do was bed her. It was an act and a way of getting closer to you just in case." My eyes narrowed as his switched to a more predatory gaze. "The way I had it figured, if Olivianna didn't become the next King's Blade then I would already be close to you. Giving me an advantage over other males seeking your hand."

"All you wanted was power and wealth. I suspected as much from the beginning when you started seducing Olivianna." I backed further away from him as he stalked towards me slowly. Drawing him deeper into the darkened alley.

"Damn straight. Now that I have you, I will be one of the most powerful people in the Kingdom. All you have to do is say yes. Believe me it will be in your best interest. I can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." This guy is a freaking psychopath.