⊱Chapter 14 🗡Revenge Mission⊰

I do hope you enjoy the chapter. For those who have read the book previous to the edits let me know what you think. For those that are new readers, welcome and I do hope you are enjoying the story. If you are confused about anything feel free to let me know. Or just hang on for a while. I am slowly editing and fixing the plot as I go along. Now onto the chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Breaking through to the other side Camron immediately closed the portal. His body shaking from complete exhaustion. Giving me energy and sustaining the wind portal taking its toll. His frame sagging to the ground with fatigue, looking like he was about to pass out at any moment. Sweat dripping down his neck from magical exhaustion.

"Let's get you to bed so you can rest." Heaving Camron back up onto his feet I help him cross through the cottage to my room. Pulling off his boots and covering him with a blanket I brush my lips against his lightly as he promptly falls asleep.

With a light chuckle I quickly change into clean clothes. Feeling slightly refreshed I rejoin Dax in the living area. Entering in the room to the sound of light snoring. Dax holding his head my leaning into his hand.

Shaking his shoulder to wake him up from his uncomfortable nap. "You are about as exhausted as Camron is. You need to sleep not nap in a chair." Lightly scolding my dear friend/ Fiancé to be. "Go." I prompted. "Go rest. You can sleep in the guest room. First door on the left."

"Fine, but only for a few hours." He too stood up, kissing me on the temple. Following my instructions he disappeared into the spare bedroom where he would hopefully get some rest.

Rubbing my arms I couldn't help but remember the onslaught of vivid memories of last night's dream. Staring through the window to watch the clouds roll by, I couldn't figure out why she took an evil persona within my dreams.

Olivianna's menacing glare, hate filling every word she used. Her laughter as she killed me. Shudders ran through my body as I stood there just thinking about it. What haunted me the most though was her accusations that kept flying through my mind in a continuous cycle.

["This is all your fault!"

No! It's not I swear!

"You took everything from me!"

I tried to help you! That is all I ever did was clean up your messes and try to protect you!

"All thanks to you my dear sister."

Get out of my head!

"All of my problems started when you were conceived."

I just wanted to protect you. I never created any of your problems.

"I am going to make you wish that you were dead!"

I would trade my life for yours if I could. I tried!

"The only good thing I had in my lousy life was Jerid."]

Crap. Jerid. He still doesn't know that Olivianna is dead. If he truly cared for her as a lover then he would want to know of her passing. Which means I have to find him. Shouldn't be too hard.

If it turns out that he had no feelings for my sister I could extract my revenge. Petty I know but at the moment I didn't care. It was his fault for seducing my sister. He would get what he deserved.

Deciding to go now before the boys woke up to talk me out of the matter I wrote down a quick note. The note simply saying, attending to an important business matter. Leaving it to lay on a tableside.

Running to the stables I quickly saddle Zimra before heading to the village. Where I hoped Jerid would be. In the time of Olivianna's pregnancy he could have skipped town, going to spread trouble in his wake in a whole new unsuspecting town.

When I arrived the village was bustling with activity. Each vendor calling out there wares. Trying to entice people to buy something.

"Fine beads made into a beautiful necklace. Don't let this piece of art go to waste! You there, young lady. This one of a kind piece was made just for you. I'll even give you a fair price." The vendor pointing to an aristocratic lady dressed in fine silks. She giggled behind her fan, peering closer to gaze at the wares.

"Fresh fish! Caught early this morning!"

"Daggers, swords, any kind of weaponry. You name it, we have it!"

"Fine emperior silk for sale here. You won't find any better."

"Hot cider! Cherry Pie, Apple pie, sugar sweets, all freshly made this morning!"

All throughout the noise I looked for one person. Unable to spot him anywhere in the thick crowd. Steering Zimra to a close by vendor, I lean over the saddle to yell over the noise, "Excuse me. Have you seen a man by the name of Jerid McCandore? Has he come by here lately?" I asked, afraid to hope if the vendor had actually seen him.

"Ya. I've seen the fellow. Went that way five minutes ago he did." The vendor pointed toward the way I was already headed.

"Thank you very much." I tossed him a copper piece from my coin pouch for the information he shared with me.

Heading the way the vendor pointed out I continued to look for him through the masses with little success. Just about given up when a familiar mop of dirty blond hair that I would recognize anywhere came into view.

Especially after all the times I ran into him on the castle grounds as he wooed my deceased sister with his deceitful words disguised as smooth silk promises.

I tried to make my way toward his figure when the crowd on the streets grew thicker. I lose sight of him after taking my eyes off from him for a second. So I could carefully maneuver around the bodies in the throng of people. When I finally look back up he had disappeared completely, and I was back to square one.

With a growl of frustration that has been building up I ride over to where I had last seen the troublesome man. Dismounting I stalk up to a young maiden that appeared a little younger than me.

"Pardon me, miss. Have you seen a tall man with a horrendous mop of dirty blond hair by any chance? He goes by the name of Jerid McCandore?"

"Jerid? Yes, I just saw that scum bag, your ladyship." She sneered at the mention of his name.

"Which way did he go?"

She pointed to a tavern with the fan she held in her hand, "He went across the street and into Billy's Tavern."

"Much obliged."

"Anything to sell him out. I hope he gets what's coming to him." The young maiden turned away and headed to a different stall.

Shaking off my curiosity about what happened to her, I walk over to Billy's Tavern while leading Zimra. Carefully tying her up to one of the posts outside the Tavern, I inspect the area to see if there was a spot that I could get Jerid alone to talk to him. On the side of the Tavern was an alleyway that looked to be promising.

With one final pat on Zimra's neck I enter into the Tavern to search for the one person I have been hunting down. The Tavern was semi full when I entered. Most people were getting lunch with a quick drink before heading back out to work. Others were there for entertainment.

Sweeping through the room I located my sister's lover near the back in a darker corner of the room with a lady already on his lap. 

------------------------------------------------

If you have any comments or ideas about how to further improve the chapter please let me know in the comments. I thank you for your time. There is one more chapter to the updates for today on Hidden Kingdom. Until then....

Vote, Comment, and Keep Reading. See you next chapter.