⊱Chapter 7 🗡Beginnings of Courting⊰

Hello All!!! It has been quite awhile since I last updated this novel. To those that have been actively following this book since the first rough draft, I hope you enjoy the edits I have made. To those who have just started to follow the novel, welcome and thank you for giving my story a chance. I hope you enjoy this tale that I have worked hard on. It is still far from complete but I hope you still with me as I continue to make edits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey sorry it took so long, but there were complications of where I wanted the story to go. but here it is Chapter 5. I hope you enjoy it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming out of the dream world I stretch out the kinks in my body, careful to not hit a sleeping Olivianna. Rubbing at my eye to clear the sleep from them as I rise from the bed. Moving slowly so to not awake my sister from her slumber.

With a last glance at my sister's sleeping form once more I let a small smile appear, but it fled as soon as it came, before I exit the sanctuary of the bedroom. "Morning." I lightly callout to my father who lounged in one of the chairs sharpening a sword, a stash of weapons beside his feet.

A grunt his only reply as he kept his eyes trained on his work. The sounds of metal being sharpened never ceasing. I let out a soft sigh, slightly shaking my head at his coldness. "Well I better get back to the castle. Goodbye Father." Respectfully nodding to him as I headed to the front door. Another grunt his only reply. The trip back seemly quicker than the ride out.

Feeling another presence inside the cottage when arriving at the cottage had be hesitating at the door. My hand extended towards the door knob unsure if I should go in or not. Deciding to take the chance I finally open the door, drawing out a knife in the process. Glancing around I am satisfied that I don't see the intruder as of yet. 

Quietly shutting the door behind me as to not alert the person who evaded my home. Carefully I make my way to my room, keeping the knife at the ready. Peaking around the corner I spot the intruder lounging on my bed as if he owned the place. Rolling my eyes at the theatrics I take to leaning against the door jamb with my arms crossed, speaking up to make my presence known, "What do you think you are doing here Camron?"

His head snapped up at a neck breaking speed when he looked up at me. For a second I had thought that he had seriously hurt himself. "I-I h-heard the news and I came to see if you were alright." Casting his gaze down to the bed spread. A blush lighting up his cheeks.

Snorting in a un-lady like manner I mutter, "Of course I am not alright. But it does not matter." Twirling the knife in my hand. Just the thought of the arrange marriage had my mood souring. With one last toss the weapon in my hands slides home into its sheath. The mage lounging on the bed never taking his eyes off from the movement of my hands.

Camron having decided to take action, stood and strode over to my side. One hand clutching my shoulder the other lifting my chin so our eyes met. "How can you say it does not matter? He is messing with your life and you're just going to let him?" A hardness entering into his gaze, turning his eyes a sharp piercing blue.

As a mage he too had a duty but he was freer than I ever would be. "He is the King. I have no choice." A concept he could never understand.

"That is bull, there is always a choice." Camron's lips unexpectedly descended down upon mine. His lips were soft as they moved against my own, trying to get me to respond. His hands moved to my waist, trapping me between the wall and his body. A warmth began to grow in my stomach as the kiss continued. A warning rang in my head as this moment expanded.