⊱Chapter 32 🗡Hidden Kingdom⊰

Here we are!!! Update 2 of the 5 updates of the day!!!! YAY!!!! Onwards!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------

Standing before me was the dragon I had saved from the dungeon, yelling at Bartholomew in his man form. "Bartholomew I command you to release her this instant!" The familiar man looked at me with his icy blue eyes as he offered me a smile. One of which I returned though it turned into a grimace when the blade of the knife cut a bit deeper. The dragon lost his smile as he snarled at Bartholomew in his human form.

"On what grounds, Sire?" Bartholomew asked, not letting up on the knife.

The dragon whose name I had yet to learn fisted his hands as his anger began to rise, "She is the one who saved me. Freeing me from the bonds that held me down in the dungeon. She helped me to escape without ever thinking of payment for helping me. For that I owe her a great deal." Said loud enough for all to hear as he held my eyes. Least to say they were all shocked to hear that it was me who had saved him.

I was shocked as well because I didn't know that it was the Dragon King I had saved. King Hakeem was the first to break out of his stupor. "Is that true?" He stalked up to me, his dragon warning him with a growl if he intended to harm me.

"Yes, your Majesty." Keeping my eyes down cast in respect to his position.

"Why did you save him?" His question caught me off guard.

Snapping my head up without trying to injure myself anymore on the knife I looked up so he could see the truth held in my gaze. "Because I saw someone who needed help. So I helped him. It is what I am supposed to do. Regardless of the species." I glanced over to the Dragon King smiling.

"Why have you come?" King Hakeem sharply asked.

"To serve my true King. Nothing more."

His voice took on a harsh tone as he uttered his next few words, "Yet here you are betraying your old King. How can I expect any better from the one who is going behind her sworn King's back?"

The subject causing my anger to swell, though I knew better to take it out on my King. Well hopefully soon to be King as he stood before me. "King Moddox is a tyrant. He does not look after the needs of his people as a King should. Instead he makes them suffer unnecessarily by burning their homes and property.

Declaring all the while that he is making them learn a lesson. A lesson that they must always remember that everyone below his station is meant to serve him. I couldn't live with myself if I stayed by his side and let him continue to destroy his people. He needs to be stopped!" I cried out. "We only want to serve as we are called to do. We are honor bound to serve our true King!"

"Our King?" King Hakeem asked. Did he not know that I already found my dragon?

"Yes, our King." Serina answered him as she fluttered down from the treetops where she had been hiding at my request. Growing in size until she was her true size by the time she landed before me.

It didn't register in my mind that she had expanded our mental connection so she could communicate with the others until I heard her growling at Bartholomew, snapping her teeth in warning. "I kindly ask you to release my rider, elf!" Throwing the elf part at him as if it were in insult. When he didn't cooperate with her demand she snarled at him, throwing back her head. Her amethyst eyes blazing with fury at the one who dare hurt her rider, her bondmate.

"The Dragon of Irradiance." King Hakeem gasped as he saw her violet scales change and shimmer in different colors. He pulled Serina's attention away from Bartholomew to direct it towards him.