⊱Chapter 12 🗡Eternal Sorrow⊰

I am sorry but this chapter came out a bit shorter than I expected. I hope you enjoyed the last two chapters that coincide with this one. To those that have read the novel before please comment on what you think about the changes I have made. To my new readers if you are confused about the later chapters have no fear I am working on slowly editing those as well. So all confusion will hopefully be cleared up.

-----------------------------------------------------

Feeling exhausted and emotionally numb I let myself slump against Camron. Laying my head on his chest. Father let me go as if my existence had burned him. Turning his back on us he started to gather items for the last rights.

I couldn't handle sending off my sister to the eternal land. Breaking out of Camron's embrace as I run out of the cabin heading into the woods. Running until my legs could no longer carry me.

Not caring as I ignored the voices that yelled my name letting them faded away into the distance. Stumbling to a stop against a tree I let myself sink to the ground where I bury my head into my arms. Crying out with soul deep grief mixed with loss.

Time seemed nonexistent as I stayed in the same spot crying, my senses haywire as I couldn't focus on anything. Jumping when someone touched my shoulder as I raised my tear stained face from my arms.

Noticing the sun sinking on the horizon. "Avian your father set me to fetch you. He wants to proceed onto the final rights." Dax softly spoke to not startle as he took his hand off from my shoulder. "He would have come to retrieve you himself but he is preparing. Do you know how careless it was of you to run off unexpectedly like that?" He scolded as if I were a child.

Shaking my head I wipe at my face, "I am not going back." My brain foggy with the grief. "My sister is dead because of her careless actions with her rotten lover."

"Your sister just craved to be loved. As we both do." He explained as if were ten. "She just didn't know how to go about it."

"I don't care. I am not going back there." Conviction in my weak voice, though it wavered slightly. "If I ever see her lover I am going to kill him. This is all his fault for impregnating her. She died because of him."

"Avian quit acting like a child. You made a promise to your sister, even though you were unable to fully keep it; it is your duty as a Blade to send her soul off properly. I have never known you to break a promise." Dax's eyes full of disappointment at my behavior.

Deep down I knew he was right. Not keeping my promise would be betraying my sister and her memory. "I'm sorry Dax. You are completely right. It's just that I can't think straight." Glancing away from his penetrable gaze that shook into my very soul. "It is impossible to comprehend that Olivianna is truly gone." My voice ending in a heartbroken whisper, though he still heard my words.

"You did everything you could to save her. But you know Olivianna isn't completely gone. Her spirit dances within the sky now." His hand tracing the first stars starting to reveal themselves.

Tears pooled without my consent once more. "What am I going to do without her? She was the closest thing I had to my mother." Dax's arms wound themselves around me as my sobs turned into hysterics.

"You are going to stay strong and carry on your duties. Your father needs you now more than ever. Now come on. It is time to return to the cabin." Dax pulled me to my feet wrapping his arm around my shaking shoulders. Leaning heavily into his side as we walked. I must have ran further than I originally thought.

When we walked in the door of the cabin my father darted to my side to grab me by the arm. "Avian, don't ever do that again. It is shameful as a warrior. You disappoint me." His eyes glacial.