Chapter 24

Chapter 24

~Paisley's pov~

We were on our way back home, and I was so excited. No more concerts, no more traveling, and no more interviews. Just Niall and I spending all the time we want together. Niall was sleeping next to me on the airplane. It seemed like a pretty good idea, so I pulled out my ipod, and drifted off to sleep, listening to 'Awake my Soul' by Mumford and Sons. 

"Paise, wake up." I heard a think Irish accent whisper into my ear. I look up and see Niall lightly shaking my shoulder.

"Are we there yet?" I ask.

"Yeah. We just landed in London." he exclaimed. I could tell that he was excited to be back.

"I'm so happy. We finally get to spend all the time we want together!" I say with a huge grin on my face, and he nods in agreement.

~The next morning~

"FINALLY Harry and I can spend a whole day together!" Jen says with much enthusiasm. 

"Yeah. I'm going to go get the mail, and then we can go." I say walking out of the apartment. The boys invited us to go over for breakfast this morning.

When I was looking through the mail, I saw a letter addressed to me from my oldest friend, Drew. Drew and I were neighbors all our life, and we did practically everything together. I haven't heard from him in so long. I wonder what he wants? I think to myself as I open the letter.

Dear Paisley,

I know it's been a long time since I've talked to you, but I've just discovered an incredible opportunity that I think you'd be very interested in. I know you haven't sung in a long time, but the Toronto opera company is doing a tour in Europe, and we lost one of our soloists. I asked the conductor if he'd consider taking you up for the job, and he said yes! If you want to join, the tour starts in two weeks and goes on for about six weeks. You'll learn all the songs easily, and I think you'd love it.

Love Drew.

P.S. The first concert is in London!

I'm completely flabbergasted as I read the letter over and over again. Me being a soloist for an opera company? I've been singing all my life, and My specialty has always been opera. Drew, Jen, and my family are the only ones that know about it though.

"JEN!" I scream as I run up to her with the letter.

"What is it?" she demands.

"Here, read this." I say handing over the letter.

After she read it, she looked up at me. "Paise, this is an amazing opportunity! Are you gonna go?" she asks.

"I think I will, but..... what about Niall?" I say.

"I think Niall would be proud of you! You've wanted to be part of an opera company for as long as I can remember. I think you should do it." she states.

"You're right. I'm sure he'll understand, and I haven't seen Drew in so long. I'll call Drew tonight and tell him I'll go." I say.

"Alright then. Can we go now? I'm staarrrving." Jen whines as I roll my eyes at her.

When we got to the apartment we gave each of the boys a kiss on the cheek. 

"I have some incredible news!" I exclaim.

"What is it?" they all say in unison.

"One of my best friends from back home just asked me to be a soloist in their opera company. They're gonna be touring around Europe for six weeks!" I say letting out a squeal at the end.

"Wait. You can sing opera?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, I've taken lessons all my life." I state.

"Well then, sing a song for us." Louis shouts.

"No, I don't like to be pressured to sing. If you want to hear me, you'll have to come to one of the concerts." I say.

"Fiiine." they all say whining.

"So who's this friend of yours?" Niall asks me.

"His name is Drew. We grew up together, but I haven't seen him in about three years now. I'm really excited to see him!" I say.

A/N: I know this chapter is pretty boring, but don't worry, there's some drama coming up pretty quick here.xxxxxxxxx