Bestfriend (Ichigo Kurosaki x Reader)

A short story~Written by @m_y_s_t

You always wondered how he was. You know, your best friend in middle school. Ichigo Kurosaki.

He used to always go to your house, play whatever game you chose. But now he's probably off in Canada, you thought. Until he arrived at your doorstep the next morning.

Knock.

Knock.

Your mom was already awake, cooking breakfast before you went to school. "(Y/N), someone's at the door." You wipe your eyes, and open the door. Face to face, with the brown eyes and spiky orange hair.

"I-Ichigo?" You put your frail hands to your side. They were coming cold. Just because of the temperature of your room, not because of shock.

"(Y/N)...I.. I wanted to see you before I leave again."

Leave again? What did he mean?

"What do you mean?" You question. "I mean.. I'm leaving for Canada in the morning tomorrow again. I won't be back." Why is he just telling you this information now?! Ichigo was always cryptic with his thoughts and whereabouts, especially dealing with Canada.

You just shake your head, and shut the door. "Who was it, (Y/N)?"

"No one. Prank."

~

It was only six o'clock, and you had plenty of studying for exams. You wished Ichigo hadn't came. It would save you a lot of worrying. Of course, maybe he just wanted her to worry. Ichigo always had liked her. But liked a girl more. But it seems it didn't matter, since you wouldn't see him. You hear a knock on your window, and knew immediately was Ichigo. Hoping he got the message, you ignored it. It was annoying. He climbed the tree that was next to her window. The knocking got louder. You just sigh, and slide the window open in seconds. "Haha you've always been so stubborn ." Ichigo chuckles, and climbs in your room.

You just smile, and hug him. "I'm going to miss you." Your eyes filled with tears. It's been long since you've seen him, and now he's staying in Canada forever. You pet his clementine hair softly. He sits on your bed, rubbing his temple. "(Y/N), I'm becoming a doctor in Canada." He says sternly. You just cry. It was your dream to become a doctor, to help sick kids, like her brother. Ichigo told her long ago, he wanted to help kids too.

Ichigo swiftly walks to you, and just sighs. You wipe your tears with your (H/C) hair, and lean your head on his shoulder. "I don't know why, but I feel like I need to stay here." Ichigo says, changing the subject. "Why is that Ichigo?"

"Because, (Y/N), even after all of them, I always fall for one person in this town. I can never get over her. I always spend nights thinking of a strategic plan."

"Why don't you just visit her, take her to some restaurant, oh, well it's too dark out now." You frown.

"I'm right where I want to be."

You just gasp mentally. Ichigo leans closer to you, and you smile.

Of course,the best friend always wins.