Beautiful Person (Rei Ryugazaki x Reader)

Written by -novas

"Rei why don't you want to get in? I won't push you in, I swear!" You frown at your frightened friend who was refusing to get in the water. He huffs as he pushes his glasses on his face, blinding you with the reflection that beamed off of it.

He told you he was a swimmer in elementary school, so what was the problem now? Maybe he was just shy? You shrug.

"I don't have a bathing suit." He points out. You sigh, and point to the men's changing room. He raises his eyebrows in shock at you.

"I'm sure you can rent one." You reply with a bored expression. He gasps. This certainly wasn't going to be easy.

Rei's eyes go wide. "I can't rent a bathing suit! That's- that's not... beautiful!" He yells as he almost falls to his knees. You bite your lip.

Nagisa walks in and grins widely. He had a pair of oddly familiar looking swim trunks in his hands. He hands them towards Rei.

 "Here! Haru brought an extra pair in his backpack that you can use!" Nagisa exclaims, when Rei just gulps.

You smile. "That's a great idea, Nagisa! But are you sure Haru won't be mad if Rei uses them?" You add when Nagisa hesitates. He just shakes it off.

"I don't think Haru-chan will be mad! But if he is I can just take the blame!" Nagisa announces as Rei grumbles a 'fine' and takes the swimsuit.

In less that a minute, Rei comes back out in Haru's swim trunks. You had to admit, the swimsuit clearly defined his muscles and you could see why Gou freaked out about them so much.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Rei snaps you out of your day dreams as your cheeks turn red. He sighs.

"It's just that you look really good in the swimsuit- I mean your legs look great- It just fits you really- never mind." You stop yourself from your rambles as Rei chuckles.

Your expression turns to a wide smirk. You charge towards Rei and push him into the pool. He screeches as he flies into the water. You laugh as the water from his splash hits you.

...

...

"Rei?" He wasn't coming up. This wasn't good.

Without further thinking, you jump into the pool. He was floundering at the bottom of the pool. You link your arms around his shoulders and pull him up from the water.

Rei coughs out water and gasps for air. "You said you wouldn't push me in."

You were silent however. "Rei... Do you not know how to swim?" Rei's eyes widen and he looks down with shame. You lift his face back up.

"It's not beautiful! I'm not beautiful!" He cries silently.

"Rei... We can get Haru or Makoto to teach you! They're one of the best trainers, and you'll learn in no time, I promise!" You say, your eyes twinkling. Rei stays silent.

You begin to climb out of the pool and offer your hand to Rei. He grabs your wrist and pulls you back in.

"No, Y/N, don't you see? I don't want Haru and Makoto, they're too focused on other things." Rei pauses as he examines your shocked expression. He grins.

"Only a beautiful person can teach me how to swim beautifully, so Y/N will you teach me how to swim?"