Lonely (Near x Reader)

(Written by -novas)

  Okay but seriously L as a father figure is the most adorable thing... :)

(Child!Near x Child!Reader)

You sat in the car quietly, staring outside the window. You were being taken to the Wammy House, which was supposedly an orphanage for gifted children. You just wanted to go home to your parents, but what happened to them?

The car halts to a stop as a large building comes into view. Mr.Watari opens your car door, and extends his left hand. With hesitation, you take his hand and step out of the car. L was there as well, walking beside you. He wanted to personally take you there.

You clung to L's left leg. He smiles down at you and continues walking forwards. The house was fairly large inside, and it looked old. Many children stare at you wide-eyed as you tug on L's leg harder.

L stops. "Everyone, this is Y/N. She will be your new classmate, so I hope that you will treat her well." L introduces you. You hide your head behind L, and he gently pushes you forwards.

After five seconds, they didn't seem to care much. L shifts his gaze back down to you.

"Anyways, Y/N, I need to sort out your paperwork. Feel free to do whatever you'd like to until I'm back, alright?" He ruffles your hair as he walks off, leaving you alone.

Everything was weird. These surroundings, these people. You just wanted to be at home in your parents warmth. But no, you can't go back now, can you?

You quietly situate yourself on the floor where most of the kids were. None of this felt right.

"Hey are you alright?" A kid with fluffy white hair asks. He resembled L in his facial features and posture.

You nod, sniffling. He tilts his head and reaches in his box of toys. The kid hands you one and you sit paralyzed.

"Would you like to play with me? You seem lonely..." He says, smiling at the end. You take the doll from him.

Your eyes twinkle. "Really? Do you mean it?"

He nods. "My name is Near, by the way." The two of you sat, playing with the toys. He was good at impersonating voices.

"Detective Y/N who do you think the killer is?" Near asks in a dramatic voice, narrowing his eyes in a playful way.

You thrust your hand towards him with a smirk. "Dr.Near, you are the killer!" You exclaim, as he falsely gasps.

"Curse you! You found out my secret!" Near playfully tackles you as the two of laugh while falling to the ground.

"Having fun, are we?" L appears behind Near with some paperwork in his hands. The two of you sit up straight, still giggling.

"Anyways, I'll be needing to show you around. You can play with Near when we're done, alright?" L promises, extending a hand to help you up.

"Oh okay, see you later, Y/N!" Near waves goodbye as you wave to him as well.

This was only the beginning of a beautiful friendship.