Wonderful Guy (Preston Garvey x Reader)

The songs in Fallout 4 are all just so amazing :)-novas

Here's a picture of Preston because your noob friend -novas doesn't know how to remove Pictures and Videos on the computer.

A cool breeze brushes against your neck, sending chills up your spine. The same question still kept plaguing your mind this evening. Had you truly found love in this wasteland?

It seemed impossible to find romance here, considering the overall deadness and lack of life. Plus, romance was the least of importance here, survival was the only thing you should be focused on. But, isn't it funny how one person can change all of that?

I'm as corny as Kansas in August,
I'm as normal as blueberry pie.
No more a smart little girl with no heart,
I have found me a wonderful guy!

Preston Garvey was his name. He always seemed like a busy man, and uninterested entirely in romance. You always thought it was so adorable how awkward and sheepish he became in your presence. He tried acting all stoic, but he would start stuttering into an adorable mess.

I am in a conventional dither,
With a conventional star in my eye.
And you will note there's a lump in my throat
When I speak of that wonderful guy!

Your thoughts were interrupted as Preston snaps the radio on, one hand in his pocket. You felt heat rising up, defeating the coldness of the outside world. His lips curve into a smooth smile, as he approaches you.

He bows courteously, holding onto his hat. As he stands straight up once again, he extends his hand to you.

"May I have this dance, Y/N?"

I'm as trite and as gay as a daisy in May,
A cliché comin' true!
I'm bromidic and bright
As a moon-happy night
Pourin' light on the dew!

Your cheeks turn red as you sheepishly look towards the ground, shuffling your feet. You readjust your gaze upwards, your E/C eyes meeting with Preston's.

You take his hand, as you can't help but smile like a fool.

"I would love that."

I'm as corny as Kansas in August,
High as a flag on the Fourth of July!
If you'll excuse an expression I use,
I'm in love, I'm in love,
I'm in love with a wonderful guy!

Preston nods, taking your other hand. You place a hand on his shoulder as he rests a hand on your waist. You rest your head on his other shoulder, as you feel him tense up. He relaxes and smiles as the two of you dance under the afternoon sky. "Did I mention how beautiful you are?"

No more a smart little girl with no heart,
I have found me a wonderful guy!
I'm as trite and as gay as a daisy in May,
A cliché comin' true!
I'm bromidic and bright
As a moon-happy night
Pourin' light on the dew!

You blush. "Thank you. And you are not too shabby yourself." You tease as Preston chuckles. "Y/N I need to tell you something." He suddenly interrupts, letting go. "Of course, anything!" You respond, not knowing how to react to this. He grabs your hands, rubbing the tops with his fingers. Preston's eyes gaze into your own as the wind chills the two of you.

I'm as corny as Kansas in August,
High as a flag on the Fourth of July!
If you'll excuse an expression I use,
I'm in love, I'm in love,
I'm in love, I'm in love-

"Y/N, I love you."

I'm in love with a wonderful guy!