7%

When I was younger, my little brother and I had went to an arcade like this one. My parents gave me a 20 dollar bill, and told us to go nuts.

Adrian and I were ecstatic. After we had decided to team up and win the big prize, we went crazy on the arcade games. We even split up to get more tickets and combine them at the end of the day.

After about an hour and a half of playing with machines, we had surfaced with 1,408 tickets. The big prize was 5,000 tickets. Adrian and I both blamed each other for not getting enough tickets for it, but we had left the arcade with a large bag of candy, a yo-yo each, and a satisfied grin on our faces.

That grin was the grin color boy had on right now.

Phil and I had walked to the counter with 586 tickets we combined. I wanted to leave, but Phil had his eyes on a purple bucket full of plushies. As soon as the counterman had put the tub in front of Phil, he dove in, plowing through stuffed toy after toy.

Phil settled on a miniature Pikachu, smiling brightly at it while the counterman told us we had 286 tickets left. Reason number 7 not to fall in love with Phil Lester, his favorite Pokemon is Pikachu. Not that it's bad, but Pikachu?

"Tell you what." The counterman said, looking at Phil. "These things are 300 tickets. I can give you one more and we'll call it a day."

Color boy turned back to me, eyes wide. I nodded shortly with a deep sigh. Phil practically swan dived back in, searching for a plushie for me.

He turned back around with the strangest thing I had ever seen. A 'where the wild things are' type plushy of a gray creature, with fangs and crazy hair.

I could almost hear PJ's laughter ringing in my ears.

I snatched the plushy from Phil and stormed out of the arcade. From behind me, I heard the boy say a thank you to the counterman, and his footsteps as he followed me out.

I held the stuffed animal in my left hand, squeezing it out of anger when Ian and Anthony began laughing.

"You got each other animals?" Ian laughed, clutching to Anthony's shoulder while bending over and holding his stomach. "Adorable."

I almost threw the plushy at his face. Anthony nodded in a agreement, not even having the breath to say something rude.

"Hey Phil, how are you feeling right now?" Ian asked, finally standing up. His face was red from laughter.

I couldn't see Phil's reaction, as I was frozen in anger, but I heard his voice. "Purple." He muttered, his voice dry and cracked, almost like the sidewalk we were on.

"Does purple mean gay?" Anthony hollered, falling into another fit of chuckling with Ian.

Watching them laugh made me want to squeeze the stuffing of this plushy. I was sick and tired of people bullying Phil, sick and tired of nobody standing up for him..

"Why don't you two just shut up? We all know you're gay for each other." I asked, watching as their laughter died down.

PJ snorted from behind them, clapping his hand over his mouth. Both Ian and Anthony flipped me off, walking away red in the face.

"I'd like to go home now." Phil said from behind me.i nodded, glancing over my shoulder at him. Color boy was fine, his face still as pale as ever and a small smile on his face.

"Guess I should come with you, we've gotta pick matching outfits."