31%

"I'm yellow now that you both are coming." Phil told me as we walked on the side of a road.

I turned around to Adrian. "We're 10 minutes from home, I can take you back."

"No. I wanna come."

"Okay." I nodded stiffly.

"We have six hours until our parents realize we're gone, and if we all say we're somewhere, that can buy us some more time." Phil explained, holding his backpack with both of his hands

"How long have you been planning this?" I asked color boy.

"Since PJ posted the picture." Phil replied. "First thing that came to my mind."

"Were the comments that bad?"

Phil pulled out his phone, unlocking it and opening an app.

"'I hate people who don't even care about the relationship they are in'." Phil read in a stale voice.

"Oh."

"They get better. 'I'm so sorry, PJ. I knew the freak wasn't good for you. Anything I can do?' 'I can't believe he would to this to you! We all love you PJ and if you need to talk, we're here.'" Phil scoffed, looking over at me.

"Dan's always been a dick.. Course he'd try to take your boyfriend. Sorry this happened to you Peej.'"

"Great." I rolled my eyes. "Glad we're outta there. Ade, you good?" I asked over my shoulder.

"Ade?" I repeated a little louder. "Adrian!" I called, turning around.

He was three yards away, bent down to the sidewalk trying to pick up a snail. His attention span was the size of the animal. I ran over to him, grabbing his shoulder and standing him up. "I'm bringing you back home."

"No! I want to come!" He whined, holding the little creature in his hand.

"You have to stay with me." I instructed, and he nodded. "Or I'm calling mom to come and get you." I lied. I wasn't going to call our mom, but Adrian nodded again. All he ever did was nod.

I apologized to Phil once we were back on track, and we took off again.

"Where are we going?" Adrian asked after a few minutes.

"My brother's house." Phil turned to me. "Reckon we'd get a car, give us better mileage."

I looked to Phil. "You have a license?"

"I do, I just don't use it." He shrugged.

"But.." Adrian took a step forward to be in the middle of Phil and I. "Where are we actually going?"

"NASA." Phil responded.

"We're not going to NASA." I shook my head. "We're just gonna leave this town for a little. Wait till things die down."

Phil lowered down to Adrian. "We're totally going to NASA."