90%

"That was really good, don't get me wrong, but you just rapped a song about history."

"Yeah?" I panted, out of breath from performing. "And?"

"Aren't monologues supposed to be, like, talking?"

"Technically... I don't know."

"It was great." He clapped his hands from the audience.

That was how we expressed our love. We didn't kiss every day, or say I love you every single minute. We didn't flaunt or boast our relationship. We were just Dan and Phil. Applauding one another from fondness, or taking someone out of their class just because one wanted to see the other, or waking the other up at 2 am after sending them a horrible video.

I love Phil. Honestly, I do.

"Can I ask you something, Phil?" I sat on the edge of the stage, swinging my legs over the side so they hung just above the ground.

"Of course." He replied, standing from his seat and walking towards me.

"What do you think I should do after high school?"

"What do you mean?"

"My dad told me he wanted to take me with him around the world to paint with him."

"Wow! That's great!" Phil smiled, pushing himself from the ground on the stage, and sitting down next to me. He wrapped his right leg around my left.

"Yeah. But then I could stay here and go to school with Anthony, and watch for Adrian."

"Well, that's good too!"

"Or I could go live with you in America."

Phil was silent for a moment. Then, "what do you want to do?"

"Everything."

"Personally, I think you should go with your dad."

"Really? Why?" I looked at him.

"Cause you like to paint, and you'll get to travel the world! Plus, you can spend more time with your dad." He swung our legs back and forth.

"What about you?"

"I'll miss you, but I'd be happier knowing you're doing something you love."

"Yeah." I nodded. "Same with you. I have another question."

"Alright?"

"How come you don't say you have synesthesia?"

"I don't really know. I've never been told I have it so I never really labeled myself with it. Any other questions?"

"Shoot."

"Are we gonna break up before you leave?"

Phil looked at me for a long time, and I stared back. His eyes trailed around my face, between my eyes. It was such a long pause it seemed as though he was counting each freckle and crevice. "I'd like to hope not."

I sighed. It wasn't out of relief, but it wasn't out of regret either.

~~

A/N: so here we are, the last 10 chapters. I hope you've all been enjoying the story so far!