22%

I should've seen it coming.

Ever since I met him, I always thought he looked at me a lot. He looked at me when he thought I didn't notice.

It was him all those years.

He told Chris Kendall it'd be a funny prank to give the fish sticks to Emma, because he knew I would hate it.

He told Joe Sugg that I was falling in love, because he knew I liked Joe.

He told Alfie Deyes things about me so that we wouldn't date.

He tried to set up Cat and Phil, and when that didn't work, he fell to a last resort. Whatever it took for me to stay away from color boy.

"You're what?" I asked, looking up at his window. I had to squint, the sun was shining right in my eyes.

"I'm in love with you."

"You're not in love with me."

"Yes I am." He protruded, leaning farther out his window. "Dan, ever since we-"

"Just shut up!" I shook my head. "You haven't said anything for 10 years?"

"It's a long time to wait."

"It's a stupid amount of time to wait!" I yelled back at him.

"I can break up with Phil, Dan..."

"I don't want to be with you, PJ." I don't know why I felt so mad. He never told me that he had a crush on me. Never mentioned it, or let it slip.

"I've waited so long.."

"Too long..." I corrected. PJ looked as if he were about to cry. "I really have to go."

"Why don't you even try to hear me out?"

"Because it's pointless!" I cried, raising my arms in frustration.

"I'm not going to break up with him, Dan." PJ hollered. I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious! Then you'll never get him."

"I don't want him! I want to get home!" He was acting like one of the mean girls in a teenage chick flick.

"We're gonna be together then, he and I."

"Good luck with that." I murmured to myself, walking away from his back lawn.

PJ cursed. He cursed at me until I couldn't hear it anymore. He said every swear word in the book, but I couldn't look back and give him the satisfaction.

What a dick.

I walked the rest of the way home, feeling my spirits lift when I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway.

I skipped two stairs at a time, opening my door and smiling at the man in my kitchen.

"There's my boy." He opened his arms, walking towards me with the biggest grin I'd ever seen on that man's face.

"Hi, dad."