92%

"I'm a good artist!" Phil protested, grabbing the sketch book he had given me a while ago.

"I bet you can't even draw a straight line."

"It's kind of hard when-"

"Don't make any gay jokes." I pointed my finger at him. He stuck his tongue out.

"Trust me. Watch." He said, flipping through the book. It hadn't occurred o me that it was the sketch book until he started to chuckle. "I like the yellow, it really brings out my eyes." Phil showed me the paper he was on. I mentally face palmed, and he must've noticed my stunned face cause he continued to look. "Oh! I oughta frame this one." He taunted. "My jawline could cut me in half."

"Alright, alright. You're a very good muse, what can I say."

"Apparently. Alas, a clean page." Phil reached behind him and grabbed a pencil. "Pose for me, Daniel." He instructed.

I remained where I was. "Wha- c'mon, give me some Kate Winslet or something." He whined.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." He said, and began drawing. I watched him work, noting how his tongue peeked out from his mouth and rested on his bottom lip. He squinted and brought the book closer to his face.

"Should've brought your glasses." I pointed out.

"Shut up, I can see." He retorted. We sat in silence for about half an hour before he stood and sat beside me on my bed.

I laughed out loud. My face and hair looked really good, but besides that he seemed to have just given up. My stick figure body sat on the bed made up of four lines. He even bothered to draw a rectangle behind me for the poster. "Here's my birthday present to you."

"Thank you." I smiled, closing the book.

"I kid. This is your present." He reached under my bed and slid a giant box from underneath.

"When did you even have time to do that?" I asked.

"I know people." Phil shrugged, setting it in between us.

"Adrian."

"Maybe." He looked up at me expectantly. "Well? Are you gonna open it then?"

I undid the latch and opened the top, feeling my jaw drop. A plethora of art supplies was sat inside every spot imaginable, in pouches and little drawers. Pencils, oil paints, brushes, it had it all. "Thank you." I muttered.

"No problem. I also am going to buy one of your paintings."

"You can have one, I won't take your money."

"No, seriously. I want to." He stated. I glanced from my present to him. "Or maybe I'll buy the sketch book back. It had a really handsome boy in it."

"Really? Who?" I teased. He rolled his eyes.

There was a knock on my door that caused both of our heads to look towards it. Adrian stepped in with a rectangular shape wrapped in blue paper. "My turn?"

"Of course, little bro." I nodded, motioning for him to come in.

"I couldn't find this for a long time, and almost signed my name on Phil's present." Adrian announced, handing me the present.

I opened the paper and gasped. "Guild Wars 2, no way!"

"And it's signed by one of the creators." He added.

"Thank you, Ade!" I smiled, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"Talk about a one-uper." Phil said.