94%

{Trigger warning, this chapter is kind of a filler so if you are suicidal please don't read. It's only a revival for Adrian. My pms are always open. I love you all and happy new year.}

"Adrian said he left something for you in his room." My mom announced the next morning. I left Phil in my bed upstairs to go to the bathroom.

"What? Where is he?"

"He said after you read it to meet him at the lake."

"Is it a card?" I asked, holding onto the railing.

"How am I supposed to know?" She replied.

I went back upstairs and made my way into Adrian's room to see a white paper and a yellow sticky note laying on his bed. I picked the sticky note up first.

Dan,

Meet me at the lake after you've seen this. Take the paper and bring a lighter. If you wanna read it, go ahead, but don't show mom or dad please. Or Phil. Come quick cause it's hot as balls outside.

Adrian

Then, I turned the white piece of paper over.

To Dan,

If you're reading this, I'm probably dead.

You always said that having a life is pointless, so here I am going to end mine. I'm over it. Living is overrated anyways.

How can I keep going if only my parents like me. Troye hates me, my schoolmates hate me, even my own brother hates me.

Don't cry over me, I'm not worth it.

Adrian

~~~~

"That was a depressing way to end my birthday."

Adrian turned around and looked at me as I came to stand next to him. "Really? I thought you would've been happy."

"Why would this make me happy?"

"Did you bring the lighter?" He glanced up at me.

I handed it to him. He took the paper as well, and held both out in front of him.

He yelled a word I've never heard him say, and normally would've scolded him for. Then, he set the letter on fire.

We watched the paper burn in his hand, I with my arm around his shoulder and he holding in his tears. When the flame was about to reach his fingers he dropped it in the lake, and the black paper broke apart in the water. "I'm proud of you, Ade." I squeezed his shoulder and he nodded.

"I'm sorry, Dan."

"You don't have to apologize for anything." I reassured him.

We stared at the water for a little before Adrian spoke up. "If you aren't going to stay here for college, what will you do?" He questioned.

"I'm debating going with dad." I shrugged.

"Where would you go with dad?"

"Around the world. Explore and paint."

"No fair." He pouted.

"I'll take you when you're older."

"Promise?"

"Always do." I took a deep breath. "Let's go back inside. Mom made a good breakfast."

"Sweet." He responded, turning around and making his way back to the house.

"Nice."

"Coolio."

"Awesome sauce."

"No one says awesome sauce anymore, Dan."