24%

Reason number 20 not to fall in love with Phil Lester, he didn't have a telescope.

Seriously. An astronomer wannabe didn't even have one of the toys.

The next day I met Phil at his house, and when he opened the door I shoved the box in his arms.

"What is this?"

"Yours now."

He studied it for a moment before gasping. "No... Dan, I can't accept this." He held the box back out to me.

"C'mon! I have two more at home." I explained, pushing it back to his chest.

"No. Let me at least pay you." Phil obliged, but I shook my head. "I... Please?" I shook my head again, and Phil sighed deeply. "Can I give you something in return?"

I went to shake my head once more, but he looked so desperate to do something to pay me back. "Depends on what it is."

"Come inside, I'll be right back." He stepped back to allow me in.

I shut the door behind me, and watched Phil run up the stairs to his room. Awkwardly, I waited for him to return by studying his kitchen. It seemed like nobody was home but him.

The counter near the stove had pictures of Phil when he was younger, and someone taller than him who I supposed was his brother. They were together in every photo. Part of me wished they were close, and part of me hoped they had the same relationship Adrian and I had.

"How about this?"

"I'm not taking Mario Kart, I have one at home."

Phil groaned deeply, running back up his stairs. I smiled to myself, turning to his refrigerator. There were more pictures hung by magnets of the Lester family, but the thing that stuck out to me most was the bright yellow paper.

It was nothing but yellow, besides the black sharpie at the bottom spelling out Phil 2005.

"What about this?" Phil asked from behind me. I turned to look at him and what he was holding.

"It's a sketch book." Phil explained, glancing down at it. "I know you like art, and the first three pages were used... But so was the telescope."

I opened my mouth to object, to tell Phil it was my pleasure to give him the telescope for free. I also wanted to tell him he could give me a kiss for currency.

"Thanks Phil."

"Do you wanna stay the night?" Phil asked, walking over to hand me the sketch book.  "We can try the telescope out."

"Uh... My dad just came back in town-"

"Oh really? Can I meet him?"

Knowing my dad, he would spill to color boy about my crush. As long as dad didn't know it was Phil. I'd just have be to nonchalant about everything. "Sure... You can stay for dinner? And he just brought me this telescope from Sweden."

Phil's eyes widened. "Wow! Really?"

I nodded. Reason number 21 not to fall in love with Phil Lester, he was very excitable.