45%

A/N: 7k I actually can't believe it

We are expecting a copy of one of your pieces, a resume containing your achievements, and an essay written about one of the topics below.

"Dallas is four and a half hours away from Houston." I told Phil in the library. Luckily, Alessia and Troye liked the idea of being read to in a big building, so that gave me and Phil time to use the computers and search colleges in Texas since we've been deprived of our technology.

"It's better than a whole different continent." Phil retorted, scrolling down the list of colleges.

"That is true." I obliged, looking at the screen of the computer I was using.

"What about Denton?" He suggested. I typed the city in my search bar.

"Still four hours away."

"It's your pick." Phil said with a shrug. "Up to you where you want to go."

"Yes, but I want to be with you." I replied. Phil sighed quietly, but I acknowledged it. "What?"

"Just thinking."

"Spill."

"I-I was always so afraid of you." Phil breathed a laugh. "I-I don't know."

"Phil..."

"I never even thought of talking to you. And when you came over from... From the bet.. I was so nervous. I acted so... Stupid." He cringed at himself.

"Member when we ran away?" I changed the subject. "And I told you I didn't love you?"

"Yeah..."

"It was a lie. I was desperately in love with you."

"I lied too." Phil turned to me. "I know what pink means."

"That you have to poop?"

"Dan! Don't ruin the moment!" Phil slapped my arm. "It means love, Dan."

"You've been saying pink since before then." I reminded him, thinking of our time together on the roof.

Phil nodded. "I've been seeing pink since before then too."

"Guess we were both afraid." I gave him a reassuring smile, and Phil nodded. He glanced back at his computer before looking back to me.

"I'm afraid of horses."

"Huh?"

"Horses. They're so scary."

"Where did that even come from?" I laughed softly.

"I was just thinking of horses. And you. And college." Phil listed.

"College, right." I nodded. "Maybe I'll just skip college."

"No way."

"What? I could sell paintings to the people of NASA. Who needs school anyways?"

"We do." Phil put his hand on my shoulder. "Sometimes, you have to push through things you hate."

"I hate school." I stated.

"What do you hate about it?"

"Work. Grading. The people." My eyes scanned his face, wondering where he was going with this.

"What do you like about it?"

"Art class. The library. You."

Phil smiled. "Then focus on the things you like, and it'll help you through the year. Prom is only a month away, and then we graduate in two."

"You're right." I admitted.

"Always." He praised himself, turning back to the computer.