58%

I took care of Adrian the rest of the day. I made my mom drive me to his school to get his weekend homework, and I brought him food and things that he wanted. My little brother noticed the small gestures, and didn't ask for much.

I had brought him a glass of lemonade just to check in, and he stopped me before I left. "Did you tell mom we were gonna run away again?"

I held onto his doorknob. "I- uhm... Yeah. I just told her that I was gonna move out, and that I was taking you with me."

His eyes widened. "Are we really?"

"No, no. I don't have enough money."

"You're joking? What about when you worked at that clothing store for, like, three years?" He reminded me "You didn't get anything?"

Most boring experience of my life. But I stayed, cause I needed the money. It was a decent paying job, 10 dollars an hour. And I worked for 6 hours a day as many days as I could. I had almost 40,000. Thankfully they hired 15-year-olds, but I quit in January. "I'm saving that money to buy a car."

"You don't need a car. You can move out!"

"I... Yeah, I could."

"You have to take me with you."

"Ade-"

"Please? I'll threaten mom and dad until they let me go."

"The only reason I'd have my own place is if I move for college. Quit bugging me about it and go to sleep."

I didn't give him a chance to respond as I shut the door behind me and walked into my room. I laid on my bed and thought about all the money I had saved up and what I was going to do with it. I was in the middle of daydreaming a home for myself when my phone vibrated.

8:12pm- from: Phil:)
Just landed!!!!

8:12pm- to Phil:)
awesome! how is it?

8:12pm- from: Phil:)
Hot.

8:13pm- from: Phil:)
How's Adrian?

8:13pm- to: Phil:)
hes alright..

8:13pm- from: Phil:)
I miss you :)

8:13pm- to: Phil:)
im so so sorry for ditching last minute

8:14pm- from: Phil:)
I completely understand.. I'll text you later gtg... It's 3 here :0

8:14pm- to: Phil:)
wow.. have fun

I shut my phone off and sighed, placing my head against the pillow.

"Dan?"

I replied, but my answer was muffled by the pillow.

"Dan, can we talk?" Dad asked, stepping into my room without an invite.

"Finally kicking me out?" I questioned him, sitting up.

He stood in the middle of the floor with arms crossed and a parental secret kind of look on his face. Dad shook his head. "Actually, I need to ask you something."

"Okay?"

"I was thinking about what you said a few weeks back... About you never leaving this place." He began.

"Yeah?"

"Do you.. Do you maybe want to come with me next time I leave?"

My eyebrows furrowed. "Wait what?"

"Wanna come work with me around the world?"

"Really?" I asked, standing up as fast as a rocket and answering louder than I meant.

He nodded. "Yeah.. I mean, you're old enough, and extremely talented..." He walked over to my corner of canvases near my bed, and picked up the one I painted when I was angry with PJ and Phil. That seemed like such a long time ago. "Even- ah... Whatever this one is." He chuckled, setting it back down in the corner.

Then he picked up the sketch book Phil gave to me. "Wait!" I called running over to him, but my plead made him only suspicious. He opened the notebook to the first page with my signature on it.

As dad began to lift the next page, I immediately regretted ever letting him into my room in the first place. The second page was an eye, and he seemed really proud of it. It was Phil's. Then an outline of a face. It was Phil's.

Then he began to recognized him, and page after page was just sketches and drawings of color boy's face; sometimes in yellow, sometimes with a whole rainbow of colors.

I snatched the book out of his hands and threw it on my bed. I laughed nervously. "Where to first?" I tried to change the subject, my face visibly red.

"Japan." He answered, smiling at me. "But it seems you have a decision to make."

"What do you mean?"

"You can stay here with your brother and friends, or you can come with me and explore the world. Or you could go to America with Phil." He listed. "Three options, three paths of life."

I stared at him, realizing I did have three options. My immediate response was Phil, but the more I thought about it, the more each choice seemed to outshine the others.

"Which one are you gonna choose?"